LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Beware of Vector Motorsports!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2008, 11:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Offering a refund as an owner is saying you're an *** - I don't want your business - go away.

Like the guys said - it's the way you handled the situation. Most places bend over backwards to fix an issue.

BTW - welcome.
Old 09-25-2008, 12:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Ummm 06 - just got a case of cold bottles in the fridge - need one?
Old 09-25-2008, 12:04 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Kazmaniac
Ummm 06 - just got a case of cold bottles in the fridge - need one?
maybe, how many you got??????????????????????????????????????????????? ??? Read the review front to back,then post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!
Old 09-25-2008, 12:08 AM
Banned

ORIGINAL: ZyroXZ2

Ya, he tried to corner me by asking me to send it back in for a refund. This means I can't send it in to be fixed, because he'll just give me my money back and take it back, but if I don't send it back, I'm stuck with some of the flaws. That makes it very tempting to actually blindside him, and just wait until something goes wrong so I can blame the ECM/TCM, hahaha
get over it, if you're so good why don't you make calibration software?

its not a perfect science, toyota prius has had couple dozen software updates since its inception. If toyota isn't perfect I guess nobody is.
Old 09-25-2008, 12:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 06WHITEMCSS
maybe, how many you got??????????????????????????????????????????????? ??? Read the review front to back,then post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!
14 left ...

Don't have time or the attention span. That's what I do all day at work - need the 30 sec or less version. Move on to the next issue. He said / she said - everyone is an expert, heard it all before. Two sides to every story, crying (tears are good act). Yup, I can't absorb any more problems ...

Kinda do this forum on my down time, when my cell phone isn't ringing off the hook.
Old 09-25-2008, 05:41 AM
TECH Enthusiast

There is no amount of liquor that could quell this awful thread.....
Old 09-25-2008, 07:25 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Count of Monte Carlo
There is no amount of liquor that could quell this awful thread.....
You sure?

Old 09-25-2008, 07:36 AM
TECH Apprentice

pretty sure thats enough!
Old 09-25-2008, 08:35 AM
Launching!

So why dont you get your refund and by a new tuner. Get over it.
Old 09-25-2008, 02:23 PM
TECH Addict

Tried to stay away...but here's one question:

How long after your post @ CGP was your first question/concern directed to VCM?
Old 09-25-2008, 08:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Well....that's quite a bit...I guess it'll work....

Originally Posted by EmersonHart13
You sure?

Old 09-26-2008, 01:08 AM
Staging Lane

Fine I'll boil it down so that you ppl stop jumping down my throat since I came from ClubGP:

-reviewed his product, sent his sales team a link to it
-chris posts that I should have told him first
-I defend myself and say I was reviewing his product the same way as a lot of ppl do; they install the product and talk about their impressions
-he doesn't like this, says I'm blindsiding him and offers a refund
-I don't take the refund because, DUH, that's not what my plan is
-I later find a definitive mistake with the ECM/TCM, but chris continues to play the game by saying tell me refund or nothing

There's nothing to get over, just facts that no one here wants to listen to because I'm from ClubGP. Fortunately, I'm very patient when I explain things. I want the entire forum to come to this thread, and I'm willing to hear out every person who's willing to say I'm wrong. Bring it on please

Edit: Honestly, so far I'm finding most of you guys to be the same as ClubGPers... why laugh at them if you're going to act the same way? Are car forums argumentative by nature? Is it because girls acusing guys of relating cars to their personal egos are right?
Old 09-26-2008, 02:31 AM
Banned

OK so what do you want Chris to do?
Old 09-26-2008, 07:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

I can guaruntee you that had this been on a forum other than ClubGP, most people would have the same opinion on the situation.

I think alot of the problem is, you're essentially trying to steer everyone away from ever doing business with Vector, when, to the best of my knowledge, this is the only complaint I have ever heard. Hardly grounds for people to completely stay away from the company. For arguments sake, say you are completely in the right here. The "get over it" arguments are still valid because to me, and probably others, it comes off as you now have a personal vendetta against the company and are making it your mission to have no one else do business with them. What is your ultimate goal with all of this? Are you hoping everyone steps up and says "well, you're right, we're never buying from Vector, lets put them out of business because of one poor customer service experience?"

It's like you hearing that someone had a major problem with a GXP, but they were the only person who had this happen. Would that then make you not buy the car and make it acceptable for that person, no matter how Pontiac treated them to tell everyone to not buy a GXP?
Old 09-26-2008, 08:21 AM
Staging Lane

As I had said before, I wanted to share my experience with their company, hence the word "beware". It's just a warning that if you're not 100% satisfied with their product, and you don't tell them first, they might not exactly treat you like a customer...

The whole purpose is to give buyers choosing between getting a tuner, and buying a canned tune some idea of what they might get into with Vector. I was on the fence about it (and rightfully so, I'm very particular about things running properly), but chose the canned tune because it sounded great, I heard no complaints about it, and, like a lot of people, don't have the exhorbitant time to invest in tuning the car myself. Though this is my first sour experience with a company over their product, I think it's back to "if you want it done right, you've got to do it yourself".

I've had issues with products before, but normally the company is wise enough to ignore the negativity of the issue and understand how a paying customer feels about it, fix the problem, and move on. Chris chose to push back, and indicate his personal distaste for my review coming prior to him having a chance at fixing it, though I stated many times that would not have stopped me from disclosing the issue anyway. If I HAD come to him first, I would have posted the same problems, and said they fixed it and it feels ok now. If Chris had not entered with an air of sarcasm and accusation, and told me in a PM to definitely send it in instead of telling me to send it in for a refund, I would have later posted in that thread the same words that they fixed it, and it feels ok now. The simple fact that I defended my review and told him to accept that it's not 100% simply set his mind in stone to only offer me a refund, and not to fix it.

Should I really have to rub his ego to get it fixed? Should I have to beg him to fix it? The only thing I may have done wrong was forcing him to accept a non-100% review of his product. Then again, the same might be said to him: get over it, it's not 100%. Instead it's the company I now think less of rather than the product... a result of something I never instigated. Believe me, I'm over it, and I'm here to tell you all about it. I might take his refund depending on what kind of info I can find out about HPTuners. At the time I considered tuning vs the Vector canned tune, there was no TCM support. I haven't looked into it since then because I chose the canned tune, saved up the money on the side, and then made the purchase. Someone might as well tell me now, is there TCM support out?

Edit: The first complaint doesn't make it unfounded, it just means it's the first complaint, heh. It's like someone breaking the law and getting caught, and someone says "that's the first time he's ever done that!". Perhaps it was just the first time he was CAUGHT. I'm not saying ALL the other ppl who have the product have issues, but it doesn't mean that if they do they're going to voice themselves...
Old 09-26-2008, 08:24 AM
Launching!

I dont care where you are from. What is your "plan"? It seems that it is to keep the tuner and bitch about how bad it is and how bad vector is. Correct me if im wrong.
Old 09-26-2008, 08:29 AM
Launching!

My bad I didnt see that one.
Old 09-26-2008, 01:53 PM
Launching!

holy **** zyro what is your problem not everything is perfect and if you got a bad tcm then you should have called them and told them first instead of getting on the internet and bashing them and then sending them a link to where your bashing their product. im sure if you would have contacted them frst they probably would have traded it out for a new one then you could have done a review on the one that wasn't fucked up since thats what most people get when they buy a tune... do you even have a clue how hard it and complicated tuning these computers are... obviously not.... i would have handled the situation the same way if i was vector.. i mean you didn't give them a chance to fix it before you did a review of a bad tcm and made it sound like all their tunes they sell are bad.... so shut up, get your refund, and quit crying you should have bought an HP Tuner in the first place but whos **** up was that..YOURS!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-26-2008, 10:33 PM
Staging Lane

Last guy didn't read either. Maybe I should just cut out so much detail, haha
Old 09-26-2008, 11:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've had a good experience with vector. Bought a part, was accidentally sent the wrong version. They had the correct part to me the next day.

Quick Reply: Beware of Vector Motorsports!!!