Paypal fiasco - Rules and Information when using PayPal

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2009, 08:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by miller456
I do what I can for people man and that all I can do. However its kinda funny you post that cuz im actually in Colorado right now. Going home in the morning, few of us came up to the Denver area and went snow boarding up at Loveland ski resort. Never know though if we come around again or if for some ungodly reason you head my way, hit me up man
How was it? I haven't been to the slopes this season. Too much work. You should have hit me up before you got here. Denver is cool. But you have to know people there or you won't have as much fun because the place is so big. We'll actually have to plan an LStech gettogether. I think that would be cool. Or maybe plan on linking up at some event. How did the NOS install go? -BTW, I don't mean to bogart the thread.
Old 03-22-2009, 08:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by new ls1 dude
i have had many good experiences on paypal.And one bad one The guy sold me a ss silverado wheel on ebay i paid him via paypal i waited 2 1/2 weeks with no response from him. would not respond by email got his phone# from ebay called him said he swamped but would get it out.waited another week nothing.now he wont answer his phone.I started a claim with paypal.said he never shipped the wheel.2 days later i get a response with a tracking# on the wheel from paypal.I received the wheel the lip is completely broken and split no way it would even hold air.I try and call him wouldnt call me back.Go to file another claim with paypal said you can only file one claim and it was resolved.I got screwed and i am sure that is exactly how this crook wanted it to work.So beware of this tactic
You can also file a "significantly not as described" dispute through ebay and not paypal.
Old 03-22-2009, 08:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 108dragon
How was it? I haven't been to the slopes this season. Too much work. You should have hit me up before you got here. Denver is cool. But you have to know people there or you won't have as much fun because the place is so big. We'll actually have to plan an LStech gettogether. I think that would be cool. Or maybe plan on linking up at some event. How did the NOS install go? -BTW, I don't mean to bogart the thread.
sending you a pm man!
Old 03-22-2009, 09:50 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My paypal account was with an MSN.live account and the email account was hacked and taken over by someone else. I called paypal before the person realize that I had a paypal account attached to that email. I tried to get the account changed to another email account I have and they refused. I cancelled my credit card and my paypal account and have/will not opened a new one.
Old 03-22-2009, 10:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ExceSSive
My paypal account was with an MSN.live account and the email account was hacked and taken over by someone else. I called paypal before the person realize that I had a paypal account attached to that email. I tried to get the account changed to another email account I have and they refused. I cancelled my credit card and my paypal account and have/will not opened a new one.
Hmmm that doesn't sound right, I do know that PayPal agents can not add information to anyones account. Only the user can do that on the site, the agent can walk you through it but thats it. Can you log into the PayPal account still or did you just call and try to get an agent to change the email address? Also do you have access to your old live email account? Feel free to send me a pm and I'll see what I can figure out for you.
Old 03-23-2009, 07:44 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

I was SCAMMED by bLkWdOw SS on this board, agreed to buy a set of valvesprings,retainers and pushrods- all I recieved was the pushrods- when he entered the shipping tracking number and I claimed that some items were not rec'd Paypal denied my claim -within 3 minutes after filed since there was proof of delivery. The lowlife apologised and said he'd made a mistake when packing and would get the rest of my parts out soon as he had a family emergency. lowlife never sent my parts so I ended up with a 175$ set of pushrods I'm just a SOL!
Old 03-23-2009, 07:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by zman1969
I was SCAMMED by bLkWdOw SS on this board, agreed to buy a set of valvesprings,retainers and pushrods- all I recieved was the pushrods- when he entered the shipping tracking number and I claimed that some items were not rec'd Paypal denied my claim -within 3 minutes after filed since there was proof of delivery. The lowlife apologised and said he'd made a mistake when packing and would get the rest of my parts out soon as he had a family emergency. lowlife never sent my parts so I ended up with a 175$ set of pushrods I'm just a SOL!
This is the reason im compiling information for this sticky. As I have stated MANY times there is no buyer protection on ANYTHING you buy that is NOT an eBay item. If you use paypal to pay for any item on a forum or anything other than ebay, you have no protection. PayPal denied your claim b/c you did receive product and tracking info proved it. However you did not receive all of what you bought, so your claim should've been not as described BUT...once again paypal will not dispute not as described purchases that are not on ebay. If possible, people should be using credit cards through paypal for forum purchases.
Old 03-27-2009, 07:14 AM
On The Tree

PM sent for HELP with this $1200 transaction.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/lsx-parts...kers-sale.html
Old 03-27-2009, 08:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BORN2FLY
PM sent for HELP with this $1200 transaction.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/lsx-parts...kers-sale.html
pm replied
Old 03-28-2009, 11:10 AM
Teching In

Sorry to hear about your mishap bro....eveyone needs to go to these websites when you have a few minutes of browsing time and read some of the horror stories from past employees of paypal and customers that have got ripped off......
www.paypalsucks.com
www.aboutpaypal.org
This may help someone else out from being scammed...........
Old 03-28-2009, 06:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by WS6Scottie
Sorry to hear about your mishap bro....eveyone needs to go to these websites when you have a few minutes of browsing time and read some of the horror stories from past employees of paypal and customers that have got ripped off......
www.paypalsucks.com
www.aboutpaypal.org
This may help someone else out from being scammed...........
I'm sorry but people like you make me post whats coming, read the damn thread before you post!!!!!!!!

I already helped cajun out and he GOT HIS MONEY BACK ALREADY. The two websites you posted have so much incorrect information its not even funny. Wow somebody posted a story on a forum so it must be true right?....WRONG most people are unaware how paypal works in the first place or the process of disputes, payment processes, how the site works etc. If you know how the site works you can protect yourself very well. Not saying PayPal is perfect, its far from it. So basically what im trying to say is dont make stupid posts like this, read before you say something next time.
Old 04-05-2009, 08:40 PM
Teching In

Angry

I had a not-so similar crappy Paypal experience recently also. Paypal had never done wrong by me until last month, they even took my side when someone filed a claim against me. Then in a late night stupor, I accidentally requested that funds be added to my Paypal account instead of withdrawing like I meant to do. This resulted in two consecutive overdraft fees at my bank, meanwhile Paypal replied to my emails refusing to cancel the transaction. I told the teller at my bank about their "policy" and she told me that they absolutely could stop payment, but she went ahead and waived the overdraft fees allowing me to close the savings account (take THAT Paypal!). I followed this up by closing my Paypal account, but as an eBay user I might have to open a new one soon if there's no viable alternatives.
Old 04-08-2009, 12:09 PM
Teching In

Similiar situation for me, except I got screwed for $1800.00 and then they sent me to a collection department and the guy who sold me the stuff not only got my money but kept his stuff. PAYPAL is BS!

Originally Posted by ccajun4real
I guess I am less concerned about my individual situation and more about other guys making this mistake and loosing money. At this point I have the part because the seller felt bad for sending the wrong email and sent the part anyway. I want to make sure none of you guys run into this with Paypal. If you send payment to the the wrong person you are screwed.
Old 04-09-2009, 11:35 PM
On The Tree

PayPal used to help out the sellers...NOT ANYMORE! I sold a door panel on Ebay for $200.00. Buyer paid through Paypal. The buyer left positive feedback on Ebay saying the used panel I sold her looked great.
Two weeks later, I got an email from PayPal saying the buyer filed a claim saying the panel had broken clips!
I forwarded the feedback the buyer left me. It took PayPal one day to reverse the transaction, and make my Paypal account refelect a negative $200.00 balance!
I spoke to the rep a Paypal, who told me that it is my word against the buyers, and that they tend to side with the buyer. I asked him if the buyer could lie, and get their money back. He said pretty much, yeah. As a seller on Ebay, you can't leave negative feedback for a dishonest buyer anymore. Fck Paypal and Ebay. I NEVER paid Paypal the $200.00, or my Ebay dues. Pretty sad, considering I had used Ebay to sell thousands of dollars worth of merchandise with 100 percent positive feedback.
I do give them credit for one thing. They do make it easy to start a new Paypal and Ebay account without paying them.
Old 05-25-2009, 05:52 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Don't ever leave money in your PayPal account, they can't take what they don't have. What you need to do is setup 2 paypal accounts, with differant email addresses. The first being your buying account and the second being your selling account. You don't like anything to your accounts except credit cards. You have to use 2 differant cards. When ever you buy anything, you use your buying account and charge it against your card. That way you can make the bank back bill, if Paypal does help you out, if its a bad seller. Notmally you need to back bill in 30 days or less, so don't let Paypal waste your time, first bump in the process, back bill. Next you have your selling account, as soon as you get money in your selling account, send a bill from your buying account and pay it. No money in the account, Paypal can't take it back. If you want the money, you always just remove it from your buying account. My little horror story with Paypal, was many years ago, when they were the only service that allowed overseas transactions, so I had to use them. I want to take money from my PayPal account, they were suppose to tranfer it to my bank account (around $3K) somebody at their end typed in the wrong account number and sent my money elsewhere. They wouldn't do anything to help me get my money back, since they didn't feel it was their fault. It took almost 6 months to finally get my money back, that they sent to the wrong account.
As far as Ebay and forcing you to use Paypal, since they own Paypal, its their way to get an extra 3% commision on their sales
Old 06-06-2009, 10:33 PM
Teching In

I have a story similar...sold a guy a new hemi intake on ebay, he paid me and sent me the wrong address. I only charged him $20 for shipping and it cost me $23, well he sent me the wrong street number so USPS sent it back to me. He opened a dispute w/ PayPal stating he hadnt received his item then sent me the correct address. I resent the intake to him for another $23 (thats $46 if you are keeping tabs), USPS didnt scan it in or something this time when it left the office where I live so I couldnt track it, finally got to him after 6 days. He had to pick it up at his local post office due to some oil on the box (thank god) where the manager had him fill out a paper stating his name address ect and that he picked it up, but when I checked my email that morning, our trusted money site f**ked me! They let me know they ruled on his behalf, so I called them and let them know he had picked it up and I faxed them the copy I had faxed to me from the post office and they said since it wasnt trackable online that the $95 transaction would not be reversed! So I lost $75 for the intake and $46 for shipping, THANKS PAYPAL I LOVE YOU!! ***Lesson Learned*** Use UPS or USPS if you have to use USPS Parcel Service! And try to not use paypal unless you have to!!
Old 06-07-2009, 01:36 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bad98t/a
I have a story similar...sold a guy a new hemi intake on ebay, he paid me and sent me the wrong address. I only charged him $20 for shipping and it cost me $23, well he sent me the wrong street number so USPS sent it back to me. He opened a dispute w/ PayPal stating he hadnt received his item then sent me the correct address. I resent the intake to him for another $23 (thats $46 if you are keeping tabs), USPS didnt scan it in or something this time when it left the office where I live so I couldnt track it, finally got to him after 6 days. He had to pick it up at his local post office due to some oil on the box (thank god) where the manager had him fill out a paper stating his name address ect and that he picked it up, but when I checked my email that morning, our trusted money site f**ked me! They let me know they ruled on his behalf, so I called them and let them know he had picked it up and I faxed them the copy I had faxed to me from the post office and they said since it wasnt trackable online that the $95 transaction would not be reversed! So I lost $75 for the intake and $46 for shipping, THANKS PAYPAL I LOVE YOU!! ***Lesson Learned*** Use UPS or USPS if you have to use USPS Parcel Service! And try to not use paypal unless you have to!!
I hear a lot of crying in this post and passing the blame on to PayPal. When its the post office who didnt scan the product and you had no tracking and still followed through with the transaction. Read the user agreement you agreed to when signing up for a paypal account then you wouldnt of had this problem. This gets old, stop blaming a company when this clearly was not an issue with PayPal. Just as you suggested, if you dont like the service dont use it. Better yet, read and understand how the company works with disputes, buyer and seller protection much better BEFORE following through with transactions.
Old 06-07-2009, 10:31 AM
Teching In

I hear a lot of crying in this post and passing the blame on to PayPal. When its the post office who didnt scan the product and you had no tracking and still followed through with the transaction. Read the user agreement you agreed to when signing up for a paypal account then you wouldnt of had this problem. This gets old, stop blaming a company when this clearly was not an issue with PayPal. Just as you suggested, if you dont like the service dont use it. Better yet, read and understand how the company works with disputes, buyer and seller protection much better BEFORE following through with transactions.
Don't know if anybody else has cought this but, Are you the posterchild for PayPal? And yes I followed through with the transaction smart guy, if you ship something through USPS it doesnt show up on thier website to track sometimes until 24hrs later. What would your suggestion be to that? "You should have read the PayPal rules and then you would know that in a situation like this you can run down the mailman, get your package back return to the post office for a full refund and THEN cancel the transaction." I just wanted you to realize that you sould like a manual straight off the desk of one of the *********** from PayPals so called Customer Service, but if you dont care I will PM you next time i need to make a PayPal transaction and let you walk me through it, everyone else should to since he is apparently the only one in here that can read lol. Thanks for your advise.
Old 06-07-2009, 11:21 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bad98t/a
Don't know if anybody else has cought this but, Are you the posterchild for PayPal? And yes I followed through with the transaction smart guy, if you ship something through USPS it doesnt show up on thier website to track sometimes until 24hrs later. What would your suggestion be to that? "You should have read the PayPal rules and then you would know that in a situation like this you can run down the mailman, get your package back return to the post office for a full refund and THEN cancel the transaction." I just wanted you to realize that you sould like a manual straight off the desk of one of the *********** from PayPals so called Customer Service, but if you dont care I will PM you next time i need to make a PayPal transaction and let you walk me through it, everyone else should to since he is apparently the only one in here that can read lol. Thanks for your advise.
awww somebody is still butt hurt that they screwed up and want to pass it onto the company b/c they cant read lmao. Grow a sack and take responsibility for your own stupid actions. Retards like yourself is why I wont help people on here anymore so you can thank yourself for that.
Old 06-07-2009, 11:36 AM
Teching In

awww somebody is still butt hurt that they screwed up and want to pass it onto the company b/c they cant read lmao. Grow a sack and take responsibility for your own stupid actions. Retards like yourself is why I wont help people on here anymore so you can thank yourself for that.
Ok first of all, Im not trying to pass off **** on PayPal except the facts. I provided all delivery confirmation information that they should need to say "Hey this ****** got his stuff so maybe we should give the seller back his money" but instead they will not take a United States Post Office form because it is not online. That sir is the dumbest **** I have ever heard of, and if you disagree I hope one day you get the **** reamed out of your ******* by Paypal and then we will al see who is sucking their *****. I followed all rules, I shipped the item and got a delivery confirmation. After an item is sent USPS you cannot track for about a day. So the next day when I go to track it nothing comes up because someone at the Post Office dropped the ball and didnt scan my confirmation receipt so there was no tracking it. The only thing I had was a paper with the USPS letterhead filled out by the Post Master @ the branch where the buyer picked it up with the buyers signature. Please oh PayPal god, please tell me how I could have not been fucked? Thanks.

Quick Reply: Paypal fiasco - Rules and Information when using PayPal