Paypal fiasco - Rules and Information when using PayPal

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2009, 11:53 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bad98t/a
Ok first of all, Im not trying to pass off **** on PayPal except the facts. I provided all delivery confirmation information that they should need to say "Hey this ****** got his stuff so maybe we should give the seller back his money" but instead they will not take a United States Post Office form because it is not online. That sir is the dumbest **** I have ever heard of, and if you disagree I hope one day you get the **** reamed out of your ******* by Paypal and then we will al see who is sucking their *****. I followed all rules, I shipped the item and got a delivery confirmation. After an item is sent USPS you cannot track for about a day. So the next day when I go to track it nothing comes up because someone at the Post Office dropped the ball and didnt scan my confirmation receipt so there was no tracking it. The only thing I had was a paper with the USPS letterhead filled out by the Post Master @ the branch where the buyer picked it up with the buyers signature. Please oh PayPal god, please tell me how I could have not been fucked? Thanks.
Right here is the answer to your own question. No tracking ask for the shipment to be returned. If your checking the tracking and someone fucked up at the post office and no tracking is going to show on their website then stop the package and have it returned to sender. Also you are passing the blame on to PayPal, read what you freakin wrote yourself. Paypal has their policy setup and you are expecting them to make an exception for you...Get real thats not going to happen, no online tracking you lose the case simple as that. Why dont you stop blaming paypal and contact the damn post office who screwed up your whole situation in the first place.
Old 06-07-2009, 12:23 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by miller456
Right here is the answer to your own question. No tracking ask for the shipment to be returned. If your checking the tracking and someone fucked up at the post office and no tracking is going to show on their website then stop the package and have it returned to sender. Also you are passing the blame on to PayPal, read what you freakin wrote yourself. Paypal has their policy setup and you are expecting them to make an exception for you...Get real thats not going to happen, no online tracking you lose the case simple as that. Why dont you stop blaming paypal and contact the damn post office who screwed up your whole situation in the first place.
Ok well if you were the first with the good idea I would have said you were right. I tried to stop the package, however USPS used the same website or system that they allow everyone to use so they couldnt track it either and had no idea where it was during the shipment. Also maybe you should go back to your policy book and read it a little closer, Im not going to quote it but I think it says something about when a faxed document must be used for a claim it will be taken into serious consideration and may be used as evidence for your claim. To me that sounds alot like they would take a faxed document as evidence. Wtf do they need to be faxed?
Old 06-07-2009, 12:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bad98t/a
Ok well if you were the first with the good idea I would have said you were right. I tried to stop the package, however USPS used the same website or system that they allow everyone to use so they couldnt track it either and had no idea where it was during the shipment. Also maybe you should go back to your policy book and read it a little closer, Im not going to quote it but I think it says something about when a faxed document must be used for a claim it will be taken into serious consideration and may be used as evidence for your claim. To me that sounds alot like they would take a faxed document as evidence. Wtf do they need to be faxed?
Here let me help you out then, it does not state anything about fax docs for non receipt cases. It says you must have proof of delivery. Then later in the user agreement it states specifically ONLINE proof of delivery. I have posted it below for you since you are in capable of looking and reading yourself. I have even highlighted the online portion of it so you can verify for yourself.

# 11.6 What is “Proof of Delivery”?

Online documentation from a shipping company that includes all of the following:

* The date the item is delivered.
* The recipient’s address, showing at least the city/state or zip code (or international equivalent).
* Signature Confirmation for payments of $ 250 USD or more (see Foreign Currency Equivalents below).
Old 06-07-2009, 09:54 PM
Teching In

Ok Einstein...I dont know if you really think you are the only person in the world that can read and/or comprehend all those "big words" in the user agreements but here. (And I will make the Important stuff for you so you don't strain yourself from reading so much)

11.5 What is “Proof of Shipment”?

Online or physical documentation from a shipping company that includes all of the following:

The date the item is shipped.
The recipient’s address, showing at least the city/state or zip code (or international equivalent).

I guess I could have just told you 11.5 and you would have known but I needed everyone else to see it, or maybe you could explain to them. From what I understand here they will except Online, like you said, or Physical? Well what the hell is Physical documentation? Oh yeah a fax. And guess what, my fax had even more info, like a buyers signature! So what you are saying is, if I take an portion of the agreement and post it proving my point, I must be right, right? Looks like I got fucked, correct?
Old 06-07-2009, 11:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

im done arguing with you, b/c you really area god damn moron. Proof of SHIPMENT IS NOT PROOF OF DELIVERY YOU FOOL!!! Proof of shipment does not apply to a non receipt case. Get your head out of your *** and think about it for a minute. Someone is filing a case saying hey ive never received my product. So here comes paypal, they say well mr. seller we need to show the item is delivered to the buyer's confirmed address in order to cover you. Simply SHIPPING the product is not going to be sufficient. Doesn't take einstein to figure it out just common sense which you lack a ton of. Now take care and have a good evening.
Old 06-08-2009, 10:35 AM
TECH Regular

I had accidently hit pay twice. Once I realized my mistake I tried contacting PAYPAL. I guess give a damn is not issued when people start working there. I was told the 2 800 buck charges would be coming out of my account reguardless. Needless to say 2 800 dollar charges would off set me slightly in the bank account.
So, sense they didn't want to do anything about it, I stopped payment at my bank. Then I get NASTY Emails from PAYPAL about this. This just happened right after I got ripped and PAYPAL didn't **** about it. Then 2 weeks later the dumb asses put 800 back in and I pulled it out. Never heard from them again. Weird company. I hate them.
Old 07-15-2009, 11:48 AM
TECH Regular

a similar situation happened to me pay pal ruled in my favor and took 2 weeks to refund the money. I also found out that if you ask the buyer for 3% it violates the TOS and they wont refund the 3%
Old 07-25-2009, 10:41 PM
Launching!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I didnt read this thread to find out if it has been mentioned. But lets say you buy a tuner from someone, and they send you a tuner, but its a 6 year old tuner that can not do what he advertised it to do, Paypal can not help if you did not use EBAY. Only thing they can help with on non ebay transactions is delivery. If you never receive the product, they can help.
But you could spend $1k on a turbo, and if the seller ships you a picture of the turbo, technically you got something for your money. Paypal cant help.
But the POPO can, and you can file a claim through your bank.
Old 08-08-2009, 08:56 PM
Launching!

I ran a home ebay business for 3 years Ebay and Paypal got so bad with the rules and ploicy changes every 2 months I closed up. I was tired of losing money and getting payments reversed because I didnt have full tracking for an international shipment or something stupid like that. Now they are making you use Paypal wich they own thats not legal is it ? I actually wrote a 10 page letter to NBC 3 years ago with a signed petition by 5,600 people and several stories of how they got screwed. Shortly after they did a show on Ebay and the shady policies they use. Paypal and Ebay only worry about profits and use false and tricky writing to make it seem they are looking out for you when it is them they are watching out for ? I am a member of very large group of people we use Ebay to sell our support gear if we all stop they will lose about 500 sellers and around $1,000,000 a year in fees and sales it is very close to coming to this and I hope more do the same.
Old 08-11-2009, 01:56 AM
Teching In

F$%K Pay pal!! I just sold an intake to some guy last week and he filed a claim because his package took too long to arrive, so instead of coming to me like a man, he goes behind my back and files a dispute charging my account to release the funds back to him w no contact to me whatsoever. Then the ******** charged me $15 to do it. Now this is all after the fact that I already shipped the intake a couple days prior with no insurance for me now. Pay pal has no security for the seller just the buyer and it Fn Bull S#$%^. Im surprised Cajun got screwed the opposite of me. So theres no real security at all.
Old 11-08-2009, 01:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I sold some QA1 shocks on ebay in excellent condition with mounting hardware. I even stated in the auction that if the items was not as described send them back within 7 days for a full refund. Get this, after receiving payment through paypal AND the money was deposited in my bank account, 16 days later the a$$hole told paypal that the items I sold was not as described. Somehow paypal put a hold on the money that was already in my account (bank). He told paypal that the part number was TC152XX when in fact the part number was TC166XX. Paypal told him to send the items back but once I got them I noticed he switched the shocks to the part number he told paypal and they were missing the hardware and the upper mounting bosses. While on the phone with a paypal rep he said that since the part number I received back from the buyer matched what the buyer stated he receiced I was basicly fucked (my word). However, the rep put a claim in because I did not receive the items in the condition I sold them in. Bottom line - I lost the case and he got my shocks and his money. But all wasn't lost. I had seller's protection (I guess) and they sent me papperwork that I had to get notarized stating the condition of the shocks I received. I also had to send them the shocks, but after 2 weeks of BS I got my money back minus their fees and shipping of course.
Old 11-19-2009, 03:38 AM
Launching!

Back in the day, I was in on a group buy for Borla Exhaust systems for Stealth TT's and 300GT VR-4's. I am a procrastinator, so of course I was one of the last people to send in my payment. Luckily I am/was internet and paypal savvy. It was nearing the end of the window in which you had to dispute the claim, the seller was promising daily he would send out the exhaust systems, and that they were stolen from his shed, and he was going to make it right. Well I saved about 20 people $500 by filing a dispute with paypal and was followed up by one or two more members that hadn't received their exhaust systems yet. The guy who we payed had left the $ in his paypal account and upon me filing it was automagically frozen. Needless to say I was the first one to get my exhaust system. Once they confirmed delivery with me, they lifted my complaint and moved down the line. To this day I think that if I never filed that claim I and about 20 others would be out of $500.

Quick Reply: Paypal fiasco - Rules and Information when using PayPal