RAM air hood...needs a lil tlc

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2005, 06:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RAM air hood...RED, may need lil tlc depending on buyer

RATHER than create a new post, im bringing this one up from the dead..i decided to keep this hood when i didnt sell my car, well the car has been gone for over a year now, and i still have this hood..i have some more pics of it at home and of the lip, like i said, you cant tell when its closed, its really nice hood, just someone did a screwball job of grinding it down. the paint is in great condition, the screens that are in there are homeade, i used some silicone and put them in there, you can take them out or put new ones in or whatever..im ready to get rid of this thing...im willing to take 250 for it picked up..as of now i wont ship, surely someone would drive a little ways for such a good deal..will load some more pics when i get home from work..thanks matt

ALso the reason the pics of the lip are not there is i recently deleted like 80 pics on my photobucket account. i have the pics on my home computer but am not there at the momement..the hood pics as welll as a few more of it on the car got deleted..these were the only ones that got left, which i dont know why.

ORIG POST BELOW

hey guys im selling my ram air hood off of my car..its painted red...the hood needs some fiberglass work on the lip of the hood..i have been driving it around like this since the day i got it painted..the shop who installed it really really really did a shitty job of grinding it..it looks fine from the outside of the car but if you lift the hood..the whole edge around the inside has been grinded unevenly and has caused a small crack along the lip. what it is is harwood ships them from the factory with a 1 inch lip for the sake of not gouging the hood lip while shipping it..well the shop that did it for me just really went crazy with the grinder and was having a hell of a time getting it to fit right.. needless to say when i saw it i almost went to jaill...the guy cut me a BIG break but i was still pissed..rather that loose 600 bucks for the hood plus what i paid to have it painted..i just rode with it..never bothered me bc it looks new on the outside you cant even tell.. most of the time no one realized it was like that until i pointed to it and cussed when the hood was up about the shop that did it. here is some of the best pics i could get...if you live around the area..feel free to contact me and check it out..some of you body guys might want to buy it..fix it up and sell it for a good profit..the outside of it is in GREAT shape with only a few minor scratches.... it wouldnt need touched
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...8080/hood1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...8080/hood2.jpg

Last edited by redbandit98; 07-29-2006 at 01:59 PM. Reason: TTT
Old 03-12-2005, 08:51 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

man thats messed up. i would have had the shop eat it and fix that......
Old 03-12-2005, 10:47 AM
10-Second Club

Small claims court is what I would have done. They should have fixed or replaced it.
Old 03-12-2005, 03:00 PM
Staging Lane

you said this is the harwood ram air style? I am interested in buying a new one but havent been able to find any pictures of any on cars. I was looking at a show series from summit racing but didnt know how it would look. Looks nice on your car I would definitely buy it if I lived close enough.
Old 03-12-2005, 03:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

heres a few quick pics of it for you buddy...just so you get an idea of what it looks like..just make sure if you do buy one..someone does a better job than they did....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...0/IMG_0358.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...80/dogs012.jpg

not many but you get the idea..as a refrenece as well..the hoods do NOT come funtional..you have to cut the fiberglass and open the nostrils up...
matt
Old 03-12-2005, 04:57 PM
Teching In

I am very much interested in it but as you can see I live in Cali ...... If you ever decide that you would like to ship it somewhere please let me know ...... I do not want to pressure you or anything ...... I got lots of time. So if worse comes to worse and you decide to ship it throw me a PM please ...... thank you very much fro your time.
Old 03-12-2005, 09:19 PM
Staging Lane

thanks for the pics man your car looks sharp. Is that the show series like they sell now then with the smooth underside or do they sell different ones. thanks again.
Old 07-29-2006, 01:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

TTT from the dead ,,also if your poor like me, and want to charge it, i dont accept credit cards,,,however there are two things i need for my new truck that you could bring and trade me and save some money off the 250 price, or anyone could for that matter if they want to deal with it. A factory fog light kit (about 115 shipped on ebay, and a tranny cooler kit about 100 shipped from ebay)..if you can find it cheaper,,thats fine, long as its gm and not some other crap.

Last edited by redbandit98; 07-29-2006 at 02:19 PM.
Old 07-29-2006, 03:49 PM
TECH Resident

willing to ship?
Old 07-29-2006, 04:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

i will post what i pmd a guy earlier...

haha i knew that would come up..im going to try to sell it locally, i have no idea..im guessing it would be at least 100 bucks...finding a box that big that would ship it without damaging it would be hard to find, almost have to find a box that someone else had a hood shipped in. I know ups or anyone like that wouldnt do it unless they shipped it freight..i will let it ride for a week or so..if know one can come get it, i will consider trying to find something to ship it in..
thanks matt
Old 07-29-2006, 08:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

alright, dug it out, there is a few spots on the front i didnt know where there, i snapped the best pic i could of it. There is another little spot that i couldnt get a pic of, it just looks like the paint is rubbed off slightly, not enough to get a pic of. As you can tell, the hood came non -functional so the back had to be cut so as to function, i used it with my k+n fipk and the nostrils set right at the filter,,you could peak through and see it sitting there..you could really see it before i put the grills in it..This hood is not perfect, its had a shitty grind job and the front has a place on it..BUT the top is in pretty damn good shape and the price is right,,gonna drop it to 200 bucks since it had that front spot on it. there is NO ram air stickers on it, i took them off right before i sold the car, i had debadged it. you will need to get a few bolts as i think two or three are gone but the rest are there (you use your old hood hardware).

Old 07-29-2006, 09:00 PM
Staging Lane

Well if u ship it and no ones else gets it lemme no i might be interested!
Old 07-30-2006, 01:23 AM
Staging Lane

your not going on any trips east are you ?
Old 07-30-2006, 05:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

haha nope, just to florida next year..and ill be flying and drinking
Old 07-30-2006, 02:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

up top for me please
Old 07-30-2006, 05:24 PM
Teching In

Default hood

hey just wondering if your hood was still for sale
Old 07-31-2006, 12:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

yes, but as of now im not shipping...will let everyone know if i decide to
Old 07-31-2006, 05:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

hood is sold guys..thanks
Old 08-19-2006, 06:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

ttt for me, hood is back up for sale, i drove 60 miles to meet the guy to sell it, but he didnt show, or return my phone calls so its for sale..again..200 bucks..
Old 08-19-2006, 06:47 PM
On The Tree

hey man im in Conway AR.....I have black firebird and would love this hood! What do you think it would cost to repaint this? If you can hold off for a little while i will get you the money!