Alpine CDA-D857 head unit

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2005, 10:44 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alpine CDA-D857 head unit

I am thinking of selling this. Paid $470 and am selling for $200 + $15 for shipping. This is an amazing HU, considered one of the best all time Alpine units. It is in perfect shape and comes with a remote. The only drawback I have ever noticed is that if you have really stiff springs like the Eibach Pro's, the CD player will skip over big bumps some times. It did this from the day I got it so I know it is not a problem with the unit, just the springs.

The single reason I am considering selling this is because I want to add an Alpine external processor. In order to do this, I also have to either purchase a separate controller for the processor or buy a new stereo that can control the processor. The stupid contoller costs $250. Well for $250 plus $200 from selling my radio, I can almost get a new radio that won't require me to use the external controller (and find a place to mount it).
The radio is a 1.5 din so it fits the entire stock hole - no mounting kit necessary. It also sits flush instead of sticking out 1" like most after market stereos. The only thing required to install the stereo is a $9.99 wiring harness and $9.99 antenna adapter (both available from crutchfield or someplace like Best Buy). Install will take about 5 minutes because it is just plug and play. I have been told this is not the case if you have the Monsoon system though.
I also still have the original box and owner's manual.
Email me at orampc@yahoo.com. I will take paypal if that helps and have a perfect ebay rating as orampc.
Specs:
1.5 din - will fit GM and Chrysler vehicles
45x4 watts
4 rca's out
4 volt pre-outs
Removable face with carrying case
Remote control
BBE processor
Mute function
Spectrum Analyzer
Selectable green or blue lighting
AI-Net - allows you to attach CD changer using only one cable
Steering wheel control compatible using Pac adapter

Picture:
http://home.comcast.net/~oram.peter/CDA-D857.JPG

Place selling it new:
http://www.mobiletoys.com/shopby/sho...&ldesc=CD+Radi os+Installation&ID=19
Old 06-10-2005, 08:56 AM
On The Tree

If anyone is interested, here is what it looks like in the car.

http://home.comcast.net/~oram.peter/...CDA-D857_A.JPG
Old 06-10-2005, 09:31 AM
TECH Resident

Does it play MP3's?
Old 06-10-2005, 10:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the same HU. It is very nice and the BBE makes the music sound so much better. It fits perfect, as if it came from the factory. The HU is plug and play even with Monsoon. I used the Monsoon system with the Alpine HU for a year and made it sound better. The unit does not play MP3's but, the CD Changer for Ai-Net will. For $200, that is a nice deal.
Old 06-10-2005, 02:12 PM
On The Tree

If you still have it in a week when I get paid I will prob take it off your hands.
Old 06-10-2005, 03:21 PM
TECH Resident

How old is it?
Old 06-10-2005, 03:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Blacker
I have the same HU. It is very nice and the BBE makes the music sound so much better. It fits perfect, as if it came from the factory. The HU is plug and play even with Monsoon. I used the Monsoon system with the Alpine HU for a year and made it sound better. The unit does not play MP3's but, the CD Changer for Ai-Net will. For $200, that is a nice deal.
Yep, I agree. I've got the same HU so I check its value against e-bay auctions sometimes just to see what it's worth. Generally I'll see a few nice one's on there going for just under $250.

Quick Reply: Alpine CDA-D857 head unit