Fbody LS1 Alternator For Sale

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2005, 01:58 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Fbody LS1 Alternator For Sale

LS1 Alternator off of a 2000 Camaro Z28 with 13,000 miles. This engine is in my son's 1970 GMC 1/2 ton shortbed. It's a beautiful installation, but all of a sudden he wasn't getting good voltage at the battery and it quit running. I told him I didn't think it was the alternator because of the low mileage. Luckily I told him not to turn in the core charge when he got the new one from Checkers. Well, the new one did not fix the problem, so he traced the wire from the alternator to the battery and there was a splice that came loose. He replaced the wire with a new wire and put the old alternator back on. The truck ran great. However, he lost a tag on the Checkers lifetime unit and they will not take it back. So he will keep the Checkers unit and remove and sell the used unit.

He wants $80 or best offer plus shipping to the lower 48 states. We are in Arizona and will ship via FedEx Ground. Not sure what an alternator weighs, but we'll charge exactly what FedEx charges, no more.

Thanks,
Glenn
Old 08-08-2005, 04:22 AM
On The Tree

I live in scottsdale.....i'd be able to pick it up...ask him if he'd do $50 i can get a new one for around $100, i just need something to hold charge right now until i buy a 200amp....
Old 08-08-2005, 09:55 AM
Launching!

I will give you $75 shipped.

Mike
Old 08-09-2005, 12:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I'll check with my son and see which offer he'll take. The guy in Scottsdale, please give me the place to get the $100 new ones here in town, I'll probably need one sooner or later. We'll see what it costs to ship to the bay area and get back to you guys.
Old 08-09-2005, 12:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I'll check with my son and see which offer he'll take. The guy in Scottsdale, please give me the place to get the $100 new ones here in town, I'll probably need one sooner or later. We'll see what it costs to ship to the bay area and get back to you guys. Please send me your zip code to calculate shipping.
Old 08-09-2005, 10:54 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I just checked with my son, he said he'd go $80 shipped to San Francisco and $70 if someone picks it up. He would ship either FedEx Ground or USPS Priority. So whoever accepts first on this forum can have it.

Thanks,
Glenn
Old 08-09-2005, 08:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Sold - Payment received will go out tomorrow