Home Ported 5.3L heads, only $200 OBO

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2006, 03:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Home Ported 5.3L heads, only $200 OBO

Guys, a little back I home ported some 5.3L heads and had a valve job (2.02/1.60 valves) done and heads milled for approximately 11.6 to 1 compression with .090" valve notches in pistons, stock shortblock, and .054" head gasket. I don't have flow numbers for these heads but can get pictures if need be and present a description of porting to serious buyers.

One of the heads I went through a water jacket in the bowl and had it welded by a machine shop which pressure tested the head with everything comming out 100%. It may be better to call me with any serious question that one may have so if seriously interested pm me and i'll send you my number.

The only reason i'm selling these is I had a comp r lifter come apart on me 25 miles after the heads were bolted to the motor which took out the cam and put metal throughout the motor so I decided to go with a max effort 434 c5-r head combo. I've got about 30 hours porting work in these so make my misfortune be your gain!

I will entertain any serious reasonable offers as well. Buyer pays shipping.
Old 03-06-2006, 04:07 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by DAPSUPRSLO
Guys, a little back I home ported some 5.3L heads and had a valve job (2.02/1.60 valves) done and heads milled for approximately 11.6 to 1 compression with .090" valve notches in pistons, stock shortblock, and .054" head gasket. I don't have flow numbers for these heads but can get pictures if need be and present a description of porting to serious buyers.

One of the heads I went through a water jacket in the bowl and had it welded by a machine shop which pressure tested the head with everything comming out 100%. It may be better to call me with any serious question that one may have so if seriously interested pm me and i'll send you my number.

The only reason i'm selling these is I had a comp r lifter come apart on me 25 miles after the heads were bolted to the motor which took out the cam and put metal throughout the motor so I decided to go with a max effort 434 c5-r head combo. I've got about 30 hours porting work in these so make my misfortune be your gain!

I will entertain any serious reasonable offers as well. Buyer pays shipping.
So, do stock pistons have to be flycut in order to use these?

I'll be PM'ing you in a minute.
Old 03-07-2006, 06:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by jdaniels
So, do stock pistons have to be flycut in order to use these?

I'll be PM'ing you in a minute.
No, not necessarily, it depends on your cam. These head will require no more flycutting then a set of ls1/ls6/6.0 heads milled .030" with 2.02/1.60 valves in them.

Sent you a pm back.

Nick
Old 03-07-2006, 01:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Heads are sold! Thanks for the interest!