Canton Racing- Fabricated Aluminum Oil Pan w/trap doors

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2006, 06:47 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Canton Racing- Fabricated Aluminum Oil Pan w/trap doors

Up for sale is a fabricated-aluminum oil pan, great for racing. It features baffles and two trap doors to keep the oil right where you need it, perfect for road racing, or those of you who see sky while launching at the drag strip. I bought it a while ago because I had a mishap in which I punched a hole in my stock oil pan with a floor jack. I ended up not using this pan because I couldn't find a convienient place for the oil filter between the triangulated SFC's, my WBO2, LT's, massive Y-pipe and various other underbody junk.

As you can see from the pics it has some scratches on it, so I can't sell it as new. I'd give it a 9 out of 10. It's the same exact oil pan as this one at Thunder Racing selling for ~$500. I'll let this one go for $365 shipped. Considering what shipping costs for one of these babies, that's a steal.
Old 05-19-2006, 04:54 AM
cry-baby buyer

Would would have to be done for this to fit....Thunders site said something about a install kit...brass/aluminum fittings...is that the relocation for the filter. Where would you relocate the filter to??

Any idea if these leak like the LT1's did? Also, will it work with the stock windage tray and pickup?

Alan
Old 05-19-2006, 03:34 PM
TECH Regular

Nothing is required in order to make it fit. It uses the stock bolt patterns, clears the stock k-member, etc.

You are also correct regarding the oil filter. The oil filter is relocated remotely. It's just like any other remote filter mounting system. Thunder sells a kit, so does WS6Store. I can't answer the question of where to mount the filter because that was the problem I faced. The places I was going to mount the filter were taking up by my bulky accessories. I talked to Canton and they said a lot of people mount them on the fender well or on the radiator support, basically anywhere in the engine bay. I had only bought a few feet of hose so it didn't reach there, and I needed my car up and running, so I just went down to a dealership and bought a stock oil pan.

As far as the leaking, I couldn't tell you. I never got the chance to actually run it. I can tell you that some big names have run this pan though, such as CAMN HAWK (first N/A LS1 in the 8's, fastest N/A LS1 in the world, fastest 60' time, etc). I would imagine that it works fine.
Old 05-20-2006, 01:05 PM
TECH Regular

Forgot to mention that I'm including the relocation kit (minus the filter base, which can be purchased for ~$15). It includes the adapter block, 4 anodized AN adapter fittings, 4 anodized aluminum hose ends, and approx 6' of Canton blue hose. This is $150 worth of stuff, meaning that you can have a $650 + s/h oil system for 365 shipped
Old 05-21-2006, 11:43 AM
TECH Regular

300 shipped
Old 05-22-2006, 06:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

This thing might make my 240sx swap go a little easier.
Will you take 250 shipped to Camarillo, CA 93010?
You can ship it by turtle for all I car if it saves you some cash, I'm not in a hurry.

Thanx
Old 05-25-2006, 11:27 AM
TECH Enthusiast

YA it definitely has a shorter sump than my gull wing pan. If payment falls through let me know.
Old 05-25-2006, 05:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

its been sold hopefully I will be getting it soon