8.8 rear for F-body with aftermarket parts

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2006, 09:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 8.8 rear for F-body with aftermarket parts

This was built by Extreme Chassis about 3 years ago. This was his first 8.8 ever built. It has an Auburn unit with 3.73 Motorsport gears...they do whine. Axles are Moser 31 spline with 3" studs that are 1/2". ABS does work....has reluctors on axles. MAC rear cover. Also comes with a Wolfe rear swaybar. You will need to get tabs and have them welded to your car. I think one of the reasons this rear has held up is because of the sway bar. It is helping to hold everything together. This rear will NOT have backing plates either. I'm going to tear it down in the next few days to inspect everything.....I will leave it tore down if someone wants to inspect it.

I would prefer a local pickup at this time. The rear is located at Simple Quick Racing in FTW, TX.
I'm not going to offer any kind of warranty what-so-ever. This is a fabricated rear....it could break at anytime. All the welds look good, but you never know. So I'm selling this VERY cheap.....800.00

Please send me a PM

Thanks
Scott
Old 06-18-2006, 12:48 PM
10 Second Club

I'd like pics, and a shipping quote to 43068, please.

I understand the warranty issue, but could you have the shop go through a run-down on it? It seems like yes it's cheap, but then you mention it could break at any time. Sounds lke something happened to it from an outsider observance and now you wanna get rid of it, but protecting yourself at the same time in case it blows up on the first pass to the new owner.

Thanks. I'm just being objective, not trying to be a dick. But I'm debating on upgrading my 10-bolt and this may be a good start
Old 06-18-2006, 01:11 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

interested buyer, second for pics more info
Old 06-19-2006, 08:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Rear is sold

thanks