FS: CNC Ported 5.3L heads - bare

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2006, 09:43 PM
LSxGuy widda 9sec Mustang

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default FS: CNC Ported 5.3L heads - bare

These are a set of 5.3L heads that I ran the CNC program through and thats about it, I had planned on using these on my car, but ended up with LS6 heads. The Intake, Exhaust and combustion chamber are all CNC'd. They havn't been valvejob'd or decked, but have a little port blending to smooth out the CNC marks on the intake. They will need a GOOD valvejob done to have good flow numbers, as they still have the stock GM truck setup now (1.89" valve I think). These don't come with any hardware, no valves, no springs, no retainers. These are only offered bare as-is, once you get these you will need to find someone familiar in LS1 head work to finish the heads for assembly. They can accept up to a 2.04" intake valve before the seats need to be replaced, but I was planning on running 2.02" valves so as to have a little better PtoV clearance.

I'll post some pics up tomorrow (Tuesday)

These are available for $550 Or Best Reasonable offer plus shipping.

Last edited by -Joseph-; 08-09-2006 at 10:12 PM.
Old 08-09-2006, 10:10 PM
LSxGuy widda 9sec Mustang

ttmft!
Old 09-09-2006, 12:19 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by -Joseph-
These are a set of 5.3L heads that I ran the CNC program through and thats about it, I had planned on using these on my car, but ended up with LS6 heads. The Intake, Exhaust and combustion chamber are all CNC'd. They havn't been valvejob'd or decked, but have a little port blending to smooth out the CNC marks on the intake. They will need a GOOD valvejob done to have good flow numbers, as they still have the stock GM truck setup now (1.89" valve I think). These don't come with any hardware, no valves, no springs, no retainers. These are only offered bare as-is, once you get these you will need to find someone familiar in LS1 head work to finish the heads for assembly. They can accept up to a 2.04" intake valve before the seats need to be replaced, but I was planning on running 2.02" valves so as to have a little better PtoV clearance.

I'll post some pics up tomorrow (Tuesday)

These are available for $550 Or Best Reasonable offer plus shipping.
why did you choose the LS6 vs 5.3's???

I am trying to search for mid lift flow numbers on a set of ported 5.3's...very curious!

thanks fellas for input!