5.3 block and parts for sale

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2006, 03:54 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 5.3 block and parts for sale

Hey guys I am in a hard spot for money right now and this 5.3 that is in my garage that was eventually going in my chevelle has to go. Quick background, it was in a 00 (i think) silverado and the guy hydrolocked it. I have it partly disassembled, it snapped 2 connecting rods. Needs at least a hone, I'm not much of a mechanic but it may need a slight bore. I don't see any real damage in the cylinders but I haven't gotten all of the pistons out. That was the only real damage I could tell though. Anyways I have a bunch of stuff off this thing, and since I don't know what the prices for all these things go for, I am just going to put down a price. It may be ridiculous, but I have to have one. I am negotiable so you guys let me know where I need to be on things. Engine and parts are located in Spencer, IA (NW). I also kind of live in Cedar Rapids, IA so anywhere in between or around those I could prolly arrange some sort of delivery. Will ship some things, IDK about the block though.

Heres the list

5.3 block - 300
5.3 heads, still assembled but need cleaned (water was in cylinders) - 200
5.3 truck exhaust manifolds - 40
flexplate - 30
truck intake manifold - 40
pushrods, appear to be straight - 10
oil pan - 30

Probably forgot a few things, it was missing a few things that were used to swap in the new engine they got for it. If there is something you are looking for let me know, I have most of the stuff for this thing. Really the only things that I think are bad are the rods and pistons. If there are things in question I can have them magnafluxed pre shipment. If someone is interested I would also sell all of this together for cheaper. Thanks guys, and for fastest response might want to email me at shea_l@hotmail.com . Oh and if I remember correctly the engine and parts had about 65-70k on them before he tried to drive through a river.

Last edited by 72chevelleSS; 12-05-2006 at 04:01 AM.
Old 02-02-2007, 10:16 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i might be interested in the oil pan if you still have it. was there any damage to it?