4.125" Bore Sleeved LS1 Block, Eagle 4" Crank, Lunati Rods, Diamond Pistons...PICS!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2006, 05:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Exclamation 4.125" Bore Sleeved LS1 Block, Eagle 4" Crank, Lunati Rods, Diamond Pistons...PICS!!!

I decided to part out the shortblock since no one was interested in the entire thing.

4.125" Bore LS1 Bare Block: This block was sleeved by Katech and they do outstanding work. This block has been seasoned and vacuum impregnated for added strength. Katech finished the block to a 4.100" bore, then AP Engineering bored the block out an additional .025". I bought the block from another member on here about 16 months ago. The block only has 1667 miles on it. The sleeves are dry sleeves. To put some of you sleeved block worries aside, none of the sleeves have dropped in the time that I ran the motor. In most sleeved blocks, if the sleeves drop it will usually be in the first couple heat cycles of the engine. This block has 95+ heat cycles on it so far. Also, there was no burning of coolant, and no coolant in the oil, or vice versa. This block is very sound as they are meticulously tested at Katech before leaving their shop. Eastside Performance uses or have used these blocks in their drag cars that use a 600 shot direct-port nitrous set-up, so it is well capable of handling power. Since it's an LS1 block, absolutely everything from your stock LS1/LS6 engine will bolt up, unlike the LS2 or LS7 blocks. With this block and a 4" stroke you will have a 427ci engine capable of 650+rwhp NA. I'd imagine this block would fit a larger stroke, but I'm not too sure. The only thing wrong with the block is that the sleeves are slightly surface scuffed due to the piston skirts being too tall. So, the block will need a hone done on the cylinders before it's built, which is pretty cheap to do. Other than that this is an awesome block and I really want to see someone take it and build a badass motor out of it. It also comes with Katech billet main caps that are doweled to the block for added rigidity, and a set of ARP main studs. The block has also been line honed. Also comes with both galley plugs. This block costs over $4000 new, I'm looking to get $2100 + shipping, OBO.

Lunati Pro-Mod Rods: These are some badass rods and they seem like they can handle an insane amount of power. They are the best built connecting rods I've ever seen. They also only have 1667 miles on them and they are is pristine condition. They comes with Lunati/ARP 7/16" bolts, and a set of Clevite 77H race series rod bearings, .001" under. You may or may not need them. One face of the connecting rod on the piston end was machined .050" for added piston to rod clearance for use with in-board pin boss pistons. This does not affect the rod's integrity and Erik at HPE said that it would be fine to do, especially with these rods. SOLD.

Eagle 4.00" Stroker Crankshaft: This also has 1667 miles on it. I didn't have any issues at all with this crank. It has been balanced and some heavy metal added. The reluctor wheel has been tack welded on as they have been known to loosen up and spin off from time to time. The counterweights have been machined down .035" for additional crank to piston clearance. Also comes with a pilot bearing. The rod and main journals have some normal surface scuffing which can be easily removed with a good polish job. SOLD.

Diamond Custom Pistons: These also have 1667 miles as well. They are -10cc dished pistons with valve reliefs. They are in-board pin boss style with .927" wrist pins. They are for a 4.125" bore block. Unfortunately, I think these pistons are pretty much goners. The side skirts are scuffed up and you can feel the depth of the scuff marks. A few also have knicks on the sides of them. Other than that they are gorgeous pistons but I am not sure if they are usable. I'd really hate to throw them away, so I'm putting them up to see it maybe someone has a use for them. The skirts may be able to be machined down creating a short skirt piston, not sure. I'll sell the wrist pins separately if anyone wants them. SOLD.

Many more pics: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/485025/8

Last edited by Ferocity02; 01-02-2007 at 10:51 PM.
Old 01-01-2007, 12:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

TTT for today!
Old 01-01-2007, 05:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Interested in the Crank and rods, i just have to check with my engine builder
Old 01-01-2007, 07:26 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hell of a deal on the crank
Old 01-01-2007, 09:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Crank and rods are sold, thanks!
Old 01-02-2007, 12:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

Up for this morning.
Old 01-02-2007, 10:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

Everything sold except for the block!

Quick Reply: 4.125" Bore Sleeved LS1 Block, Eagle 4" Crank, Lunati Rods, Diamond Pistons...PICS!!!