What do you think of this?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2007, 07:18 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What do you think of this?

I know this is the but w/e, mods can redirect it if needed

So I put my spoiler on craigslist and after a week or so I kinda lost hope, then I got a potential buyer.. I believe this is a scam, but I wanted your guy's opinions, its a tad long, the last 2 emails are the most important, its greatly appreciated if you read this through, thank you

Hello,
I'm Mr. Steve, I am from Canada, I came across your advert on craigslist and am highly interested in Purchasing (1993-2002 Camaro Spoiler)which you offerered for sale. Due to the fact that i have been longing to have it, Please Kindly get back to me as soon as possible with the necessary answers to the question in mind, Are you the first owner? The present condition? Your final asking price?And I will also like you to know that my form of payment is through a certified USPS Money Order..
I await your urgent response so that we can proceed further..
Regards,
mr. Steve....

Hello,
I am not the first owner. When i bought my car the spoiler was on it. I returned the car to stock and am now selling the parts that were on it. I would say it is in very good condition. I don't know how long is was on the car, but there is no scratches aside from the scrap on the passenger side. The scrap (white in picture) is about the size of a quarter
( http://longisland.craigslist.org/pts/281389648.html ). I honestly didn't notice it until I took the spoiler off the car. The spoiler fits extremely nicely and streamline. My friends even thought it was stock. I'll give it to you for $100 American plus shipping. It is rather large so shipping might be expensive. Let me know your exact address to find out the shipping cost. Also let me know how you would like it shipped... UPS, FED EX, etc

Thanks for your interest,
Adam

Hello ,
Thanks for your mail, I really do appreciate it,Well I guess that the{ 1993-2002 Camaro Spoiler } is in excellent condition and i want you to know am okay with the price $150, i will be willing to give u $200. So, I would want you to keep all other buyer's off and also delete the advert from the website.Concerning payment my client will issue you a money order, since I don't have the funds in your currency. For convenient and easy transaction, I have a liable shipping agent who'd be responsible for the Pick up as soon as you receive payment for the( 1993-2002 Camaro Spoiler ) I will therefore need the following information of yours to forward to my client before he sends the money order.
NAME IN FULL........
ADDRESS IN FULL....
CITY...
STATE...
COUNTRY..........
ZIPCODE.......
CE LL/OFFICE/HOME PHONE NUMBER.
I await your reply,
Regards,
Mr.Steve.

NAME IN FULL........ Adam
ADDRESS IN FULL....
CITY... Sm
STATE... New York
COUNTRY.......... United States
ZIPCODE....... 11
CE LL/OFFICE/HOME PHONE NUMBER. 631-

If you need any other information concerning feel free to let me know. Let me know your phone number, and as soon as the money order goes through, I'll give you a call to have your agent come pick it up. I'm considering the spoiler sold from this point on. Keep me updated with the money order and I'll make sure to give you a call the day I receive payment.

Hello Adam,
Thanks for the reply and the information you sent . Well Please I want you to delete the Advert from the Website. Concerning payment I have just called my Client now and he has said he will Issue out a Certified USPS Money Order of $2,750 to your contact address in which you will remove the asking price $200 after cashing it at your Bank, Since it will be a Money order and an extra $100 for your running around and then send the balance to the shipper Via western union money transfer so that he will use for all his flight charges and forthe insurance of the shipment when being shipped and also I would want you to do this for me because the shipper also has some other shipments to handle for me in the state. I hope I can trust you on this? The information of the shipper will probably be sent alongside with the Money order or when he is been assigns by his company for my shipments. will notify you if he has sent it. Looking forward to completing this transaction with you. Get back to me as soon as possible so that we can proceed with the transaction..
Note: All western union and bank fee for cashing must be
deducted from the Shipping funds..
Here is my Full Contact info:
Mr. Steve
Melvin ave Hamilton,
Canada,
I Await your reasonable reply as soon as possible
Have a Nice day..
Mr. Steve Hogan

I'm sorry but I can not help you with your shipping costs. My parents wont let me accept the $2,750. I would much rather you ask a different supplier help you out. If its easier, I will accept cash at the time of pickup. I'm sorry if this is an inconvenience. Again, I will accept $100 for the spoiler.

Adam

Again, I appreciate any feedback, sorry for the length
Old 03-01-2007, 07:22 PM
TECH Resident

I have been asking around, and this was my response, any feedback is still appreciated, sorry if you feel i wasted your time, but I didn't want tog e tin the middle of a money laundering scam or some drug deal

en14: ok now that i've read that previous email again
en14: i remember what the exact scam is
en14: basically the money order will not go through
en14: and you are forced to transfer money to him before his money transfers to you
en14: so your payment goes through, his never does, and you are out 2550
Old 03-01-2007, 07:34 PM
Teching In

I'm pretty sure this is a scam, I was selling some stuff on Ebay and had the same sort of offer. It really sounds shady and how would he know if you just wouldn't take the money and run. I would say don't worry about it just ignore the emails and sell it locally like you were looking to.
Old 03-01-2007, 07:49 PM
Launching!

100% scammm lol...so obvious its not even funny, what spoiler is it?, i assume not stock?
Old 03-01-2007, 07:52 PM
TECH Resident

Its not stock, to be 100% honestly, its ugly and ricer, it is streamline, but no one in their right mind would buy it, lol, well thanks guys, knew i could count on ls1tech
Old 03-01-2007, 07:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

This is clearly a scam, no question about it even if you've never heard of this "cash my check/money order for me" type deal. Look at the grammar. Look at how he refers to the object of interest (bracketed? WTF?). And who in their right mind is willing to pay more than the minimum. At the very least, his generic questions were rather vague for a fairly particular piece. Anyone who was truly interested in the condition of your spoiler would ask about paint, cracks, why it was taken off the donor car, etc.

Glad that you finally raised the red flag on this one though.
Old 03-01-2007, 08:05 PM
Launching!

Hell, that's WAY too much trouble to go through for a measily couple hundred bucks anyway scam or not. You made a good call.