California Car Cover (93+ Camaro)

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2007, 06:56 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default California Car Cover (93+ Camaro)

SOLD!!!

Our Noah fabric actually stops water, yet it "breathes" to allow any trapped moisture, seam seepage or condensation to easily evaporate. The unique construction process results in a cover with maximum all-weather protection...highly water resistant, dust resistant, UV resistant and breathable to make sure moisture and/or heat don't stay under the cover. Made in the U.S. by Kimberly-Clark, the fabric weighs only 4.45 oz./sq. yd., so it's easy to handle and fold.

-Protective Outer Layers - A bi-component spunbond, using sheath-core technology. The inner core is polypropylene for strength, with a polyethylene wrap for softness. A silver-grey color was selected because of its heat-resistant properties. The fabric is also treated with UV inhibitors for extended outdoor use

-Micro-Porous Middle Layer - The barrier layer is breathable film, a proprietary stretch-film technology developed exclusively for Kimberly-Clark. The film is stretched and subjected to a chemical process that creates microscopic holes smaller than droplets of water or dust, yet large enough to allow moisture vapor to escape.

-Soft, Paint-Protecting Inner Layer - A bi-component fabric made with polyethylene and nylon. This combination results in an exceptionally high strength-to-weight ratio, with the "soft touch" necessary for today's water-based paint finishes.

Last edited by Joe K. 99 Zeee!!; 04-30-2007 at 04:35 PM.
Old 04-23-2007, 08:01 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What color is the cover, how long has it been used, is there any stitching around the elastic gathers coming unraveled, and are there any weak spots in the material where it gets pulled the tightest?

I'm very interested depending on answers.

Thanks,
Marc
Old 04-23-2007, 08:29 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Marc,

It's silver in color, just like on the link in my post. I've only used the cover intermitantly over the last 5 years. The vast majority of the time it was in storage. The cover is in great shape and there are no holes, weak spots, or frayed stitching. The elastic is not dried out and stretches well.

If you'd like you can send me contact information at my e-mail address above and I can send some pictures to show the condition of the cover.
Old 04-24-2007, 07:47 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Joe,

Thanks for the pics. Consider your cover sold. How much for shipping to 22408? Let me know and I'll get you the funds. Do you take PayPal?

Marc