Yank SS4000 Converter, Just Freshened

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2007, 12:33 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Yank SS4000 Converter, Just Freshened

Yank SS4000 Converter. Pretty sure it's a 2.6 STR. I bought this used off this forum. It was in the car when the stock trans started acting up. The car drove fine, the converter would still lock up when it was supposed to, it would just kiss the rev limiter on the 2-3 shift. I bought a new trans and installed a different converter. No warranty. I did not buy this new, so there is no warranty left. This converter was spec'd for a heads & cam 346, full weight F body. It worked awesome in my bolt-on car. Just a heads up, this converter feels kinda sloppy just cruising around. Almost like a snowmobile, you don't really feel the shifts at low rpms. It never bothered me, just want to be sure that people know what they're getting into with a converter like this. I was pulling high 1.5 60's all day long with this converter and 3.73 gears in my full weight bolt-on car. Personal best was a 1.57 60 and the car ran 12.02 @111 on that pass. This converter rocks in a bolt-on car. The price is $550 shipped in the 48 states for this. I'll have pics of it when it gets back from being cleaned out.

UPDATE: I just got the converter back yesterday all done. I used a converter shop that I've used a dozen times over the past 4 years, and they've never let me down. It was Pats Converters in Philly. They cut it open, flushed out the metal shavings and replaced the bearings. They said that the clutch looked like new so there was no need to replace it. It's not red anymore, it's black. This thing is ready to install.

Old 08-30-2007, 10:15 AM
TECH Regular

bump bump bump
Old 08-30-2007, 03:01 PM
TECH Regular

Sold.