FS: LS1 dry sump system

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2007, 02:44 PM
drz
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default FS: LS1 dry sump system

I had this item on ebay last week, but the winning bidder turned out to be a hijacked ebay account and the listing was removed So here it is again at a reduced price.

sold

This system came off of an ASA engine. The system uses a Razor single-stage scavenge pump that evacuates the pan, and utilizes the OE LS1 oil pump for the pressure stage. The damper is an SFI approved ATI Super Damper with a 60% accessory underdrive hub for F-body accessories. The Moroso pan is normally a full-length pan, but it's been modified (notched) to fit the crossmember of a street car such as an f-body Camaro/Firebird or any hot-rod that requires a crossmember to run under the engine. The pan is 2" deep in the front and 3.5" deep in the rear. The tank is a 3-gallon Peterson Fluid Systems unit with internal baffling, mounting brackets, and one heater probe. The tank measures approximately 9” in diameter and 18” tall. Also included are 2 Peterson 400 series washable/reusable screen filters, one is a medium screen for the scavenge feed, the other a fine screen (60 micron) for final filtration on the pressure side.

Included is everything seen in the photo:

• Moroso dry sump oil pan
• Oil windage tray/crank scraper
• Pressure pump adapter and transfer hose
• Scavenge pump with bracket and idler pulleys
• Peterson 3-gallon oil tank
• 2 Peterson screen filters, one medium, one fine (60 micron)
• Assortment of 10 hoses with AN hose ends
• ATI Super Damper and hub assembly
• Engine accessory and scavenge pump belts

I've gotten a number of questions about the 60% accessory underdrive of the ATI damper hub for use in a street car. I understand that auto cars may idle at 600rpm without issue, so with this hub the idle may be turned up to 1000 to spin the accessories the same speed. If you have a big cam (befitting a dry sump system ), this may be necessary anyways. The only concern may be the alternator not getting spun fast enough to power the electrical system under idling conditions at <1000rpms, but the car will still run off the battery without issue, so long as the car isn't left idling for an extended period of time where the battery may drain excessively.

Contact me by PM or by phone at 210-618-3837

Last edited by drz; 11-06-2007 at 12:11 AM. Reason: mark as sold

Quick Reply: FS: LS1 dry sump system