Used 1041 Felpro's

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2007 | 03:58 AM
Banned

Default Used 1041 Felpro's

Set of used 1041 FELPRO gaskets. Helicoil says he's an expert and they never leak it was installer error so the gaskets must be good. $40 plus shipping.
Old 12-01-2007 | 05:27 PM
9 Second Club
15 Year Member

SOLD! LMFAO LOL Your killing me dude.

I tell you what I'll give you 40.00 lol

Kill this garbage.

PM sent from 99BlancoSS: see below

What do expect. Telling me I installed them wrong. I've been round the block a few times and installed plenty, plus 2 sets of MLS on this engine with out issue. The installation went great, everything looked fine but we had the seepage on the dyno. I had re-torqued according to ARP's specs. Honeslty they looked brand new when I pulled them. Are they supposed to vulcanize or anything when they seal? I know Felros are supposed to be good. Ironicaly thats why we went with them in the first place to prevent seepage. Sorry for the strong language, I was really irritated at having to pull the heads again.

I'll get them packaged and shipped to you. I'm very interested to see what you find out, I am human.
But when you start talking to a few people and they all say the same thing then you start to think there is an issue. I bought mine from Tony Mamo at AFR. He had one other customer (recently) with the same 1041's and they leaked. Tom Wong in Vancouver WA is my tuner and has seen it with several customers now. He owns Wong's Performance, does a lot of Vette stuff. If you find nothing wrong with them I'll post back and acknowledge it, I'm not a total jerk. Can be, but I'd rather post facts and help people.

I went to the website to see about warranty info and all it says it to contact who you bought them from. I really wanted to send them back and see if they're bad. I know you have no way to verify the installation as well so you can only take it for what its worth. They got a little bent but they're still fairly straight sitting in a 5 gallon bucket.

Chris

once again sorry Tim for the harsh tones
#1767 - 99 SS Black T-top M6 - http://www.fquick.com/99SS

439hp 377tq(MD)LME 347 | AFR |FAST|DLS 9" |Kooks|Mcleod|UMI|Strano
"If you cant afford the answer, you shouldnt be in the game" Bob Cousy