2006 Impala/Monte Carlo XMDirect XM Add-on kit

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2008, 09:22 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 Impala/Monte Carlo XMDirect XM Add-on kit

Having upgraded my HU I no longer need the aftermarket XM add-on kit that I had installed by my dealer, so I'm putting it up for sale.

Featuring a Terk XMDirect tuner, Axxess XM interface, new XM micro-antenna, and plug-n-play wiring harness, you can have factory XM Radio on your non-XM equipped 2006 Impala or Monte Carlo without having an aftermarket tuner installed your dash.

In order to use this, your radio has to have the "CAT" category button, otherwise it is not compatible. Basically, this will work with all but the BASE AM/FM/CD radio for the Impala and Monte Carlo. *** NOTE: Although it requires the category button, you cannot browse by category. ***

However, everything else works just as XM should from the factory. You get title, artist, and channel info. Also, you can store XM, AM, and FM presets on each of the 6 pages of presets. Steering wheel controls still work as they should.

Install is a breeze, and there is no cutting or tapping into wires to worry about. This should take even the least knowledgeable no more than 30min to install.

I'm looking for $175 shipped, OBO. These are selling for over $225+shipping on eBay, and $250+install at your dealer.

PM me with questions or general interest. This kit will go on eBay in a few days, and is posted at various Impala/Monte Carlo forums as well.

Old 03-08-2008, 11:44 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bump. It hits eBay tomorrow.