Custom Painted Donaldson Blackwing / 2002-SS/LE

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2008, 10:04 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Default Custom Painted Donaldson Blackwing / 2002-SS/LE

I have a custom painted Donaldson Blackwing airlid up for sale.
I'll include the oval boot, clamps, right-angle AIR tube fitting, & the AirTube & adaptor fitting so anyone can use it on their car.
(If someone who already has the Blackwing & doesn't want the accessories, it can be bought a little bit cheaper.)
If anyone is seriously interested, send me an email address & I'll send a photo.

This is the lid that a CA SS/LE owner had on his car. When it was sent out to him, we forgot a thin red stripe on it, so I've added that & a new decal, along with a new layer of clearcoat. (Yes, I bought another & had it done for him & am now reselling this one instead of stripping it.)

It really looks nice! (One issue I don't like, is that the silver paint over the 'Blackwing' highlight bled a little bit. So that little area isn't all that nice, but the rest of it is.)

Reply here with a quick note, & send me a PM. I'll check back in on Monday morning. If no one here wants it, it'll go to Ebay & you'll have to bid against others for it!

The cheapest it'll go for right now is $285 plus $15s&h. You'd have a hard time finding a Blackwing lid alone for that amount, let alone all the custom paint work it comes with! ($250+$15s&h without all the accessories.)
Thanks for you time!

FYI, this is what it looked like back when he first installed it. Yes it is a little bit different, but much better looking now!
http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2287...32867553Cvhoem

Updated photos!
Be sure to hit the "+" magnifier to see the photos full-scale.
Note that it has a new 35th SS/LE decal. It has the outside rim painted black now, & has the added red stripe like the rear of the SS car. The 'Blackwing' silver doesn't look all that bad, but I want the buyer to be aware of it up front.
The whole thing has a new polished layer of clear-coat over it all, so it is really nice looking now. You can see the ceiling texture reflection in the photos.

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/563078435FLtrcx

Last edited by PontiacFan; 04-13-2008 at 10:50 AM.
Old 04-14-2008, 08:09 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Too late, ..., I took it to Ebay, ...

Last edited by PontiacFan; 04-14-2008 at 09:28 PM.