CHEAP-Rough condition Tex 0Z700 (6 puck) CLutch and billet steel flywheel!

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2008, 11:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CHEAP-Rough condition Tex 0Z700 (6 puck) CLutch and billet steel flywheel!

Apparently, after posting up pics and getting more info from guys familiar with the clutch it really is not in bad shape (according to a few folks who has chimed in).

Looking like a steal for:

$250.00 if you pick up in south suburbs of Chicago or $325.00 OBO shipped to the lower 48.

My mechanic pulled the clutch out today and said it was not in the greatest shape but still useable for many folks (but not a my power levels)! I was surprised to get this news as it only has about 7500 miles on it, no burnouts or drag racing with sticky tires, and a couple of road race days (about 100 miles) without pushing the car hard.

I will get the specifics from my mechanic exactly what is wrong with the clutch and flywheel, but he pretty much told me somebody would need to send it back to Texrailia to get it resurfaced and refurbished, etc. Depending on your power levels it might be fine to flog for a year or so.

Let's assume the clutch and flywheel is pretty much shot and needs to be rebuilt although for normal driving on the street and 65% throttle it was not giving me any problems on the street and highway although the pedal to seem a little softer than normal.

I will ship the flywheel and clutch to the lower 48 (its the 6 puck set-up for) $325 if anyone is interested. I do not have any pics yet buy later on my mechanics and probably add some pics to this link!

Last edited by Chicago Crew UnderBoss; 05-06-2008 at 11:10 PM.
Old 05-05-2008, 09:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Saw the clutch tonight, its not nearly as bad as my original post suggests (especially after a couple of folks saying that their flywheel and discs looked the same and worked great), and I think it would be perfect for a heads/cam stock motor LS application or up to 500RWHP (f/I). For $250 inclucing the flywheel, picked up at Powerhouse Performance in Orland Park, IL, this would be worth for someone to check out in person to see if it meets with their approval before buying it.

Let me know if their is any interest and you can check it out at Powerhouse anytime they are open, and if you want it after inspecting it, just leave them $250 cash and it yours. PM if anyone wants to do this!

Last edited by Chicago Crew UnderBoss; 05-06-2008 at 11:11 PM.
Old 05-05-2008, 10:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Here is link on corvette forum of pics posted up by my tuner tonight, John of Powerhouse Performance in Orland Park, IL. Thanks John!

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show...post1565329768

Last edited by Chicago Crew UnderBoss; 05-05-2008 at 10:23 PM.
Old 05-06-2008, 11:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Chicago Crew UnderBoss
Here is link on corvette forum of pics posted up by my tuner tonight, John of Powerhouse Performance in Orland Park, IL. Thanks John!

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show...post1565329768

Guys, this is looking like a steal for $325 shipped including the flywheel and the entire clutch (as shown in the pics taken yesterday posted above on the vette forum link) or $250.00 (cash) picked up in south suburbs of Chicago!
Old 05-07-2008, 09:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Chicago Crew UnderBoss
Guys, this is looking like a steal for $325 shipped including the flywheel and the entire clutch (as shown in the pics taken yesterday posted above on the vette forum link) or $250.00 (cash) picked up in south suburbs of Chicago!

OK, my tuner, John of Powerhouse Performance (who took the pics on 5-6-08), measured the discs of the clutch with me the phone tonight and they (6 puck set-up) measured a full .300, which I have been told is what the brand new Tex OZ700s measure at (but I have not personally confirmed that is what the new Texs measure in at). :thumbs:

Thanks for all your help John (Powerhouse Performance)!
Old 05-07-2008, 11:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Sale pending to Chevy 406 on corvette forum. If it falls through will post up here.