Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1badzee
Freaking out
tears right now
Old 10-15-2008, 09:27 PM
11 Second Club

Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by 355z28
lmao your killing me. First stealth came in here and posted his cam sticky...WHICH TELLS YOU EVERY THING YOU WOULD NEED.
then i come in and say springs and a tune are a must...Then stealth come in again and offers his sticky...are you blind?

Im usually really nice to these types of posts but when the information has been given and given you my friend are a lost cause.
X2!!!! frustrating ahhhh

Just look at the link I provided and you will have all of your questions answered which was the point of me making that sticky.

Lets try this again...https://ls1tech.com/forums/lt1-lt4-modifications/836200-stock-head-cam-cam-swap-guide.html
Old 10-15-2008, 09:29 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by StealthFormula
X2!!!! frustrating ahhhh

Just look at the link I provided and you will have all of your questions answered which was the point of me making that sticky.
Old 10-16-2008, 06:31 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok thanks alot stealth, and like i was telling elliot, this guy thats selling me the cam , told me that ALL i would have to do was , and these are his exact words i am not lying , all i would have to do is , take my radiator out, water pump and opti off, remove balancer, remove timing cover and chain and pull my stock cam straight out and slide the other cam straight in and repeat the steps backwards, lol NO **** thats what he said and it would be perfect he said. I think he is just trying to get a sell to tell u the truth
Old 10-16-2008, 06:47 AM
TECH Addict

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Default Hot Cam the Hated Cam

You know, some people are on a real tight budget, they ask about a certain product and everyones chimes in and will say well you should buy this, they are not the ones in the money situation, Even myself, at one time way back I bought the HOT CAM Kit, with long tubes, mild stall, cat back it ran 12.6's all day long with a very crappy 60 foot. Remember that this cam is made to go with 1.6 RR"S to achieve the 525 lift. The springs needed can probably be had for $50-$60 Bucks. Is it worth it? Yes it's old technology but I did have fun with mine back in the day and people would come up to me and notice the small lope it creates. Do what you can afford but yes Do it right...
Old 10-16-2008, 08:26 AM
TECH Addict

I would start with that cam and work your way up. no use buying a too big of a cam and making your car un enjoyable to drive. Hell i am just adding 1.6 roller tipped rockers to mine (and new springs) to make it a stock lt4 cam that and some headers no cat and a tune. I think it will be a fun DD. plus it has 3.42's already
Old 10-16-2008, 09:22 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by camarostripes96
ok thanks alot stealth, and like i was telling elliot, this guy thats selling me the cam , told me that ALL i would have to do was , and these are his exact words i am not lying , all i would have to do is , take my radiator out, water pump and opti off, remove balancer, remove timing cover and chain and pull my stock cam straight out and slide the other cam straight in and repeat the steps backwards, lol NO **** thats what he said and it would be perfect he said. I think he is just trying to get a sell to tell u the truth
I know this is off the subject, but how is the track now that Hutch or whatever is running it? It used to be alot of fun on friday nights. But I heard its not very good any more. Plus he got rid of the 1/4 mile on the weekends or something? Thats ******* stupid. Does he not realize you still get 1/8 mile times on your slip??? (rant off)

D

P.S. I lived in Belton for 3 years and used to go to Little River like every friday night...
Old 10-16-2008, 09:41 AM
Launching!

The hotcam is old technology but it still can make decent power. Personally i wouldnt buy it, i was close to buying the whole kit until i did a lil research and im glad i went with the cc503 but for 50 bucks and some springs youll have a cheap cam setup 1.6 rockers would help alot though and also dont forget to get your computer tuned afterwards ie: trifecta performance,pcmforless or madz28 are all good choices
Old 10-16-2008, 11:36 AM
12 Second Club

yea like i said its a good deal for 50 bucks man, but otherwise if you have some extra $ i would def try and get something else, sure it can make good power but there are quiet a few cams making near 320rwhp cam only not a single other bolt on.

so with that being said, yes its old technology, but it was also made for our engine, its almost like going with a factory upgrade, sure they are good, but there is always much better in the aftermarket world to be had.
Old 10-16-2008, 12:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Speed Inc makes a custom cam that put down 320rwhp with a magnaflow muffler and a k&n filter in the stock intake. The car also had 1.6rr's tho. But i really dont think a hotcam could put down these type of numbers with so few supporting mods.

Just something to think about.
Old 10-16-2008, 01:31 PM
12 Second Club

yes sir thats the Cadillac Cam, which i just so happen to have and i love the fact that there is only really 1 or 2 other guys ive ever seen with it.

and i didnt know the guy who dyno'd 320 had 1.6RR's, and also he was on stock tune, that wasnt even a reflash or a basic tune.

stock manifolds stock tune and a cat back and intake made a little over 320RWHP IIRC.

i cant wait to dyno mine, ive got the cam 1.6RR's a tune long tubes slp cai, and ud pullies. the car pulls like a bat outa hell now with the long tubes,

and prior to the long tubes i raced a 2000 SLP Firehawk and only lost by 1/2-2/3 a car up to 100. and the Firehawk had long tubes while i still had my stock manifolds, now that i got the long tubes it time to take that bird out!
he is also 6 speed and im A4.

[edit] the cam is 300$ thou and if youre on a budget it might not be so realistic, i understand you were just trying to make some extra ponies for 50 bucks.

Originally Posted by slomarao
Speed Inc makes a custom cam that put down 320rwhp with a magnaflow muffler and a k&n filter in the stock intake. The car also had 1.6rr's tho. But i really dont think a hotcam could put down these type of numbers with so few supporting mods.

Just something to think about.
Old 10-16-2008, 02:15 PM
11 Second Club

Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by camarostripes96
yeah looks like he just wants to get money, well atleast you asked so you didnt take his advice and then have problems the second you fire it up.
Old 10-16-2008, 02:19 PM
12 Second Club

yeah looks like he just wants to get money, well atleast you asked so you didnt take his advice and then have problems the second you fire it up.
so true that would suck *** having to find out afterwards that you might have busted a few things since our stock valvesprings are like spagheti lift wise haha.
Old 10-20-2008, 02:07 PM
Launching!

well it used to be pretty shitty whenever he got it , but now he is doing pretty , good and i dont know who told u he took the 1/4 away, that was just gone cause whenever the tornado hit academy, it broke the 1/4 time box on the track and he was waiting for it to get replaced but the 1/8 did work so everyone was wanting to come run but all they could run was 1/8 mile. But no he got it fixed about a month after that so its up and going now has been for a while!! So come out and run they got a bunch of stuff cleared out in the back and looks good and everything and u can park up at the front now and its back to $5 a person and $10 to race all night long.
Old 10-20-2008, 08:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yes a tune will be absolutely mandatory.

Not for a Hotcam it ain't.

Quick Reply: Lt1 Hot Cam Question?