LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

396 stroker

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2008 | 09:22 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i've seen how you drive, you have a heavy foot, nawz isn't for amatures. Two bottles should be good, the big ones.
Old 11-13-2008 | 03:40 PM
9 Second Club

I have close to 5K in my rotating assembly and my motor is built to handle a 500 shot of spray..... you will need VERY good parts.... I'd start with either top of the line lunati or callies crank, oliver rods, and a good custom built N2O piston from Ross, Diamond, or JE....

I have cometic head gaskets, head studs, Lunati billet crank ($1899), Oliver rods with bolt upgrade (1600), and JE custom nitrous pistons gas ported 300 top ring, anti reduction grooves, wristpins with buttons versus spirolox holding the pistons to the rods (1100).... My engine builder wanted to put in the 400hp jet combo when we were at the track on the 18th after my plugs looked perfect on a 300 shot.... The 6.0 1/8 mile pass lifting off the line and turning off the nitrous by accident got him excited as well..

But you need to really start off with your chambers and figure out how big they are going to be. As far as a cam, get your head flow #'s and PM me.... The guy who did my cam could set you up with a stout Comp custom grind like he did mine....
Old 11-13-2008 | 06:53 PM
On The Tree

yeah i will definitely get some info together and ill post up basically what I'm going to do and what parts I'm going to use, i am in no rush i want to build this motor right and i want to have the best parts in it: i think I'm going to go with the crank larry got the dragon slayer, oliver rods and J.E pistons, either lt4 heads or afr 227's whichever one is more pocket friendly and can still say i drive this thing on the street even though it will not be streetable at all

i just want to build a motor that will take what i give it but while I'm doing this 396 build i think I'm going to do a 355 and put spray on it just to get used to the spray

ill post some info this weekend

Quick Reply: 396 stroker