LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Got me a Strange Dana S60 today!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2008, 11:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sweet, looks like a few of us should get together in the spring. I'll bring my 10bolt, and hope for the best. Byron ok? You guys going to spot my puny cammed motor a few lenghts?
Old 11-14-2008, 12:56 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by joeZ96
Mike - When you have Larry setup the rearend, are you planning on keeping the torque arm on the transmission, or are you planning on going with a torque arm relocation crossmember? I know you were debating before...
Im going to keep there untill I can afford the bracket that mounts it just off the trans on the trans mount. I hated my tunnel mount TA with a passion!

Merv after the clutch is in I might do the trans or start the bottom end build. Not sure yet.

Zrated sounds good! Strange is tring to get mine done and up to speedinc by the 24th and GLD is open untill dec 1st as long as the weater is above 40 and its dry. I might try and get a run with the new set up this year.
Old 11-14-2008, 02:05 PM

Very nice, let us know how you like the new rear!

I love seeing a build go together this fast, so many of us are stuck doing the one part at a time deal, lol. I can't wait to find out how you do after the reast of the build.
Old 11-14-2008, 02:52 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by AChotrod
way too much I just bought the car in late June! LOL! I cant help myself but its all paid in cash!
Paid for in CASH!?

do you sell drugs!?

or maybe them ladies?
Old 11-14-2008, 03:00 PM
11 Second Club

Very nice, I see you believe in the motto of doing things right the first time. That is a nice setup, I am probably going to get a S60 early next year for my T/A.
Old 11-14-2008, 05:06 PM
11 Second Club

Sweet! This is my 3rd Formula so I experimented on the others. Doing right the first time this time!!!
Old 11-14-2008, 05:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by OutlawZ
nice.....

bet your clutch sent you an email that went like this......

To:ACHotrod
Sent: 12 Nov 08 14:55:42
Subject: Your new purchase

Dear *******,

While i'm sure you lay awake at night thinking about sidestepping me at 6,000 plus RPM's I highly advise you to rethink this terrible decision. While I disagreed with the firing of Mr. Tenbolt and Ms Driveshaft who by the way have been loyal employees of this company since it was founded, I realized the need for some "new blood" around here. However I was clearly bothered when you brought Mr Denny Driveshaft onboard as his office borders entirely too close to mine. I barely have room to work with his oversize bulk ruining my workspace... I realize you needed a replacement for the two personnel you fired, but I am becoming increasingly worried about my own personal job security. I have done a fine job in transferring all the work Mr Engine has thrown at me. Granted I always pushed that work down on the aforementioned Ms Driveshaft but that is neither here nor there.... With the new guy working in the rearend of the building whom I haven't met I realize my days are numbered. So thanks for abusing me for the past couple of years. I never wimpered or complained. Sure I had a few slips and got a bit heated when you abused me and occasionally I smelled a bit burnt, but what do you want from me..... I thought we had a good relationship but obviously you're looking to replace me before long. So I quit...... Thanks for nothing...

Your enemy,
B.S Clutch

LOL
hahahahahahhhaaaa.

ACHotRod, are you really going to use the stock clutch? Sorry if you already answered this - I'm too lazy to read the whole thread.
Old 11-14-2008, 05:27 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Z-RATED94
Sweet, looks like a few of us should get together in the spring. I'll bring my 10bolt, and hope for the best. Byron ok? You guys going to spot my puny cammed motor a few lenghts?

I don't have a problem giving up some lengths but i don't think it will happen at Byron there always to busy.
Old 11-14-2008, 09:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Your right they are. You'll just have to leave the bottle off, and mine stays on. Sounds fair to me.
Old 11-15-2008, 12:47 AM
Teching In

just got the same setup but with 3.73 gears. feels like night and day! MUCH TIGHTER
Old 11-15-2008, 11:11 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by candeapple75
just got the same setup but with 3.73 gears. feels like night and day! MUCH TIGHTER
Sweet Could you feel the added weight???

Counted out. No Im not going to keep the stock clutch for more than a couple weeks. Just dont have the $$$$ extra 1000 for it while they are doing the motor and rear end.

I have an Idea! How about we set up donations for it!LOL! You can just paypal anything you can spare to me!!! We can use outlaws story to help promote donations!!

Quick Reply: Got me a Strange Dana S60 today!!!!!!!!