LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

calling all with dumped exhaust!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2008, 07:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mean_greenZ
ok. so...i cut the hanger off yesterday and it still makes that freakin sound. so i did some research on here and i take it that it is just the RESONATION with a dumped exhaust. and that most with a dumped exhaust experience that. so here is a vid of what i am talking about, so you guys can confirm that it is in fact just resonation from it being dumped.

sounds like the exact same resonance mine has, annoying at times
Old 11-20-2008, 07:48 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mean_greenZ
yeah thats the resonation of the exhaust from it being ported under your car. my impala sounded just like that when i had it under the car. i ported it to the side and it went away. put a 'L' on the back of the muffler pointed out to the side of the car and angle the end down and itll go away. or should :p
Old 11-20-2008, 08:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Benner
It sounds mostly like resonation to me. Also heard a little of what sounded like loose change in the console.
haha yea ive prolly got $10 in change in the cassette holder thing. thats where i keep all my junk.

Originally Posted by SoxXpupPeT
yeah thats the resonation of the exhaust from it being ported under your car. my impala sounded just like that when i had it under the car. i ported it to the side and it went away. put a 'L' on the back of the muffler pointed out to the side of the car and angle the end down and itll go away. or should :p

good to know that its just something im gonna have to live with! i was getting tired of chasing my tail trying to find what was causing it. its already angled out at about 45* or a lil more. i still want duals like goatman one day. oh well i'll just get used to the sound.
Old 11-20-2008, 08:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Does anyone have exhaust that dumps out the sides? Really curious how it would look...

Quick Reply: calling all with dumped exhaust!!!