LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Tranny install problem (A4) sigh..

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2008, 06:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 1badzee
The transmission will go into park without the cable attached to it. The cable is a 1/4 of an inch too short to reach to go into park with the tranny
Gotcha, just wanted to make sure

When I removed mine, and did my filter a few weeks before, I thought that the 2 bolt holes for the bracket were different sized than the rest. I know the heads were, but I thought that the thread was as well. If not, then I'll have to x3 for checking to make sure it's in the right holes; however, the space between the holes I think is more than 1/4" but closer to 1-3/4". Then again, the slack in the cable itself could account for that 1-1/2" difference. *shrug* Hope I don't have any problems when I get around to putting mine in heh
Old 11-19-2008, 11:55 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Formula350
Gotcha, just wanted to make sure

When I removed mine, and did my filter a few weeks before, I thought that the 2 bolt holes for the bracket were different sized than the rest. I know the heads were, but I thought that the thread was as well. If not, then I'll have to x3 for checking to make sure it's in the right holes; however, the space between the holes I think is more than 1/4" but closer to 1-3/4". Then again, the slack in the cable itself could account for that 1-1/2" difference. *shrug* Hope I don't have any problems when I get around to putting mine in heh
Heh.. supposedly the cable is adjustable (according to haynes manual). I have yet to prove this. My friend just took the lever on the gear selector on the tranny and cut/welded it to the right ratio lmao. Now everything is A-okay.
Old 11-20-2008, 12:22 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 1badzee
Heh.. supposedly the cable is adjustable (according to haynes manual). I have yet to prove this. My friend just took the lever on the gear selector on the tranny and cut/welded it to the right ratio lmao. Now everything is A-okay.
The guy on Page 1 (towards the end) told you it was adjustable lol YEW EEEEDIOT!
Old 11-20-2008, 12:30 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i was also unaware it was adjustable.... hmmm good stuff
Old 11-20-2008, 07:54 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Formula350
The guy on Page 1 (towards the end) told you it was adjustable lol YEW EEEEDIOT!
Lawl, tell me about it. I just don't know how to adjust it Oh well, nothing a little cutting and welding can't fix haha