LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

head/ flow question need answers

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2008, 08:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok thanks everyone. and lloyd it is a guy named tony small world hah? i dont think were gonna go with these heads because the valve angle would make us not eligible if we can make it to the ltx shootout. and also ive been talking with lloyd as well as AI through email for a few months they've helped me out with ALOT!! of information that neither me or my dad new. an lt1 is a different beast compared to a regular SBC so on this build my dads learnin almost as much as me lol

Last edited by z28rob18; 11-25-2008 at 09:01 AM.
Old 11-25-2008, 08:49 AM
9-Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by airflowdevelop
BTW.. forget about CFM... find a good head guy (Ie...Lloyd) and have him make the calls. I have shipped heads that flow as much as 345CFM for factory PCM LTx 383 cars... Never had a problem. The flowbench is a tool...not a JUDGE! Mother Nature is the JUDGE!
Amen!!
Old 11-25-2008, 09:09 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by z28rob18
ok thanks everyone. and lloyd it is a guy named tony small world hah? i dont think were gonna go with these heads because the valve angle would make us not eligible if we can make it to the ltx shootout. and also ive been talking with lloyd as well as AI through email for a few months they've helped me out with ALOT!! of information that neither me or my dad new. an lt1 is a different beast compared to a regular SBC so on this build my dads learnin almost as much as me lol

A LT1 is not that different than a gen1 smallblock. They both respond almost identical to the same mods.

The only REAL difference is a LT1(gen2) is reverse cooled.Which allows more compression to be run with more timing allowed.

You can make more power on pumpfuel compared to a Gen1.

Dont let flow numbers fool you, there have been 257cfm heads run in the 9's normally aspirated.
Old 11-25-2008, 09:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FASTFATBOY
A LT1 is not that different than a gen1 smallblock. They both respond almost identical to the same mods.

The only REAL difference is a LT1(gen2) is reverse cooled.Which allows more compression to be run with more timing allowed.

You can make more power on pumpfuel compared to a Gen1.

Dont let flow numbers fool you, there have been 257cfm heads run in the 9's normally aspirated.
it just seems the lt1 needs alot of lt1 specific parts except for valvetrain and bottum end. and 9s on a 200 shot is our goal lol so were still lookin for the right heads and all we already know were changin to solid roller the only thing we havnt really figured out is wat heads and cam to use.

Quick Reply: head/ flow question need answers