LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

GMHTP LT1 Build...

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2008, 02:00 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PNYKLR-TA
i agree 100%

Javier send those fools some info about your car along with a nice write up and pics! that will surely make it into the mag! your 355 is the prime example as well, now they can have an article about your car with its specific parts so everyone out there can see that the LT1 done by the right people with the right parts put into it can be a nasty fast car!
Not a bad idea. I think I might!
Old 12-04-2008, 02:14 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by C_Rules
How did the magazine look back in the early to mid 90s when the LT1 came out anybody remember? Was it a bunch of LT stuff in the pages?
Yes, there was more and the intro of the LS1 has pushed them that way which is fine but IMO there is too much fluff in it now and the articles are what they used to be. Even though it still nice looking at some GM iron cough! cough! or should I say aluminum
Old 12-04-2008, 02:22 PM
12 Second Club

What GMHTP should be doing is buying Elliot heads and advanced induction heads and comparing them. Both ported stock, dart and trickflow heads as well as off the shelf dart's and trickflows. Then they could take the heads and do some cam swapping. Experiment with Hr and SR set ups. THAT would be interesting and a very worthwhile read i think all Lt1 guys would buy and read. They could even spread it out into a series of issues. I would subscribe just to read that.
Old 12-04-2008, 02:36 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Jditlfm
THAT would be interesting and a very worthwhile read i think all Lt1 guys would buy and read. They could even spread it out into a series of issues. I would subscribe just to read that.

I've personally never opened a page of those magazines, but i would totally subscribe if i knew they were going to do some extensive testing like that.

but at the same time i bet edelbrock would pay them not to do those tests because those tests would show that the edelcrap is more expensive and provides little to no gain where as LE and AI are moderately priced and provide 5X the bang for your buck if not more.
Old 12-04-2008, 02:45 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wish they would do a write up on my car!!! Its a nicely built LT1 in a really clean and rare car that has a good story.
Old 12-04-2008, 02:47 PM
12 Second Club

very true, did you submitt yours?
Old 12-04-2008, 02:49 PM
11 Second Club

No Im to lazy! If they contacted me Id do it. LOL!
Old 12-04-2008, 02:56 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by AChotrod
No Im to lazy! If they contacted me Id do it. LOL!
damn i hate to bag on all you guys and maybe its just cause im young [21] and my car isnt at the level that alot of the nicer ones are here, but if i had a BA car like you did AChotrod, i'd write the best write up i've ever written revise it 6 times, take some shweet photo's of my car entailing everything it took to get it that way and how much work was put into it.

haha so maybe i got a little out of hand, but i would honestly be the happiest man to just get my car into a magazine like that.
Old 12-04-2008, 03:22 PM
Launching!

What GMHTP should be doing is buying Elliot heads and advanced induction heads and comparing them. Both ported stock, dart and trickflow heads as well as off the shelf dart's and trickflows. Then they could take the heads and do some cam swapping. Experiment with Hr and SR set ups. THAT would be interesting and a very worthwhile read i think all Lt1 guys would buy and read. They could even spread it out into a series of issues. I would subscribe just to read that.
Yes, i would love to read that.
Old 12-04-2008, 03:23 PM
TECH Resident

Most all the shows and magazines never use the parts that most of us use. THey only use the big names such as edelbrock and flowmaster and SLP i have heard a couple times. You never hear hp tv talk about LE, or AI or any of the other sites and stuff i have learned about on this site. Thats probably why the testing the the magazine did was so lame. Im sure some of you guys on this site could have taken that 3300 bucks they used and built a pretty bad *** machine. I think those shows should go out and pick up some parts from LE or AI and then do some tests then it would end up in a way better build. But i doubt that will ever happen.
Old 12-04-2008, 03:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by C_Rules
How did the magazine look back in the early to mid 90s when the LT1 came out anybody remember? Was it a bunch of LT stuff in the pages?
And a bunch of FORD MUSTANG stuff, too! Because the magazine used to be just High Tech Performance. They went GM-only in 95 or 96.
Old 12-04-2008, 03:59 PM
11 Second Club

They had Lots of LT1 stuff and alot of GNs actually tons of GN stuff and they still do.
Old 12-04-2008, 04:03 PM
TECH Regular

Exactly. I bet le and ai would def contribute to GMHTP to test their amazing products.
Old 12-05-2008, 12:46 PM
TECH Regular

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

the last build up they did for an lt1 that didnt suck was that purple z28 they called 'the grapes of rath'. and that was years ago.
Old 12-05-2008, 01:20 PM

^And even that one didn't hit the stated goals, but instead of pushing a little harder, they just said "oh well," and moved on to the another LS1 project. I'd just be happy if they would stick with a project and accomplish the stated goals (hell that LS2 Vette was never even taken back to the track for testing). I'm still holding out hope that they will do good things with the current LT1 Formula. Only time will tell.

Quick Reply: GMHTP LT1 Build...