LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Problems with the good ole LT1

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2009, 02:05 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lol yeah i know what ya mean... it helps to have a dad that is an electrician....
but if you want i can take pics of how to do it... i should have done it right and soldered it in and all that good stuff but i just bought 2 splices and 2 packs of resistors and spliced it in to the 2 wires and electric taped around it all... but if you would want and just get it done if you tell me the ohms i can tell ya what you need and how to do it and you would be on the road tomorrow... ive already got my knee bolster panel off so it wouldnt be too hard to snap a couple pics and you can just get the resistors at radio shack for like $0.99 for like a 10 pack and you prob only need 2 different packs

it says somethin about you only need to be within 10% of the resistance too so there is a little leadway if you would get the numbers wrong... but i mean i can take pics and save ya some money lol
Old 01-02-2009, 06:28 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, this isn't really working out all that great. I used a tester on both my regular key and spare key. I came up with anywhere between 7.46-7.52 ohms. All the places I've seen showing the minimum and maximum ohms for each VATS code, doesn't have that reading as any of them. It'd be inbetween a VATS #3 and #4. So, I'm kinda stumped. I don't really want to send my PCM back in to be retuned, and spend $50+shipping, just to get the VATS system deleted.
Old 01-02-2009, 06:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

is the security light on?

over the summer i was about to leave for work and my car did the same thing. Wouldnt do anything, but the security light was on. I tried it a few times, nothing. Left it for 10 min, tried it, and it started right up.

I would look into vats
Old 01-02-2009, 07:30 PM
TECH Addict

Yeah, the security light's on. I've tried letting it sit for very long periods of time, and still get nothing. I'm almost 100% sure it's vats. I just need to figure out which vats code I need for the bypass module.
Old 01-02-2009, 07:32 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by MTBSully
is the security light on?

over the summer i was about to leave for work and my car did the same thing. Wouldnt do anything, but the security light was on. I tried it a few times, nothing. Left it for 10 min, tried it, and it started right up.

I would look into vats
I did that for almost two months, prayed it would start first try every time i got in, worst was 40min of trying, it started though. in the ignition there are two cylinders that contact the resistor in the key and mine were broken, sometimes they would contact others i was **** out of luck.

Hope you get it fixed
Old 01-10-2009, 12:27 AM
TECH Addict

I got my bypass module in today. Took me about 15 minutes to get it all done. Turned the key, and it fired right up. Problem solved. Thanks for all your help guys.
Old 01-10-2009, 01:00 AM
TECH Addict

Glad it worked for you, this is what makes this site great!

Quick Reply: Problems with the good ole LT1