LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

***GM Stock Shortblock Heads/Cam - 10's NA & 9's on N2o

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2009, 06:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Impressive indeed.... What would the compression ration be with your 200 cc heads, -22cc dished pistons and 1074 gaskets?
Old 01-12-2009, 10:05 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ABA383
First I gotta say that the car is damn impressive! Nice work guys...Joelster, the hp calculators never seem to jive with stalled autos...Think it was already said, but just look at my combo...I know I'm a 383 but I make 375 rwhp on a calibrated Mustang dyno..I'm at around 3650 race weight...If I were to drop 500 lbs I wouldnt be too far off his pace while still being at 375 rwhp...and I run a weenie 226/234 cam...

--Alan
Thank you, Alan. We tend to agree on bench-racing calculators and cam selection. No magic, fast guys just work harder than most. Give them a better part & they really begin to set themselves apart.

Originally Posted by 2XR95Z28
AI, is that foot brakin it got leaving off a trans-brake?

Also AI, would you be able to PM me the cam spec's to see if it is close to mine? I'm looking at going with these heads and would like to see if they would fit my cam as well as they do his. Hope to hear from you guys when you get a chance, Thanks!
I believe he leaves off of a brake. Some setups run better footbraking, some don't. We'll have to ask him about it to be certain. Cams are close enough that he would likely be very close to his current performance with the cam you have.

Originally Posted by BLWNLT1_T/A
Impressive indeed.... What would the compression ration be with your 200 cc heads, -22cc dished pistons and 1074 gaskets?
9.X depending on a couple other variables

Thanks guys!
Old 01-13-2009, 03:47 AM
Village Troll

Received 538 Likes on 390 Posts

Good show!
Old 02-01-2009, 03:37 PM
Launching!

Great job!
Old 02-03-2009, 09:56 AM
FormerVendor

Smile

We appreciate it. He works very hard to make the car run well. Perhaps this spring we can try a different top-end on it & see if it will run 130+ in average weather.
Old 02-03-2009, 10:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Well then this summer you should send me those heads haha. Those are on my list of things to buy but i got a long list haha
Old 02-03-2009, 02:53 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

very impressive to say the least... but i wouldnt mind a detailed description of his entire setup.... i wont lie those numbers seem kinda out there... but i guess possible...

either way there is no reason to lie... good job guys

the only thing that blows my mind is his 60ft... wonder what suspension he has and how hes launching, and what actual converter he has and stall rpm... i mean its crazy 1.41 60ft N/A 3.73 gears and say a 3600 stall? he must have his launch down to a science

Last edited by CamaroRacing12; 02-03-2009 at 03:10 PM.
Old 02-05-2009, 09:00 AM
FormerVendor

Smile

Originally Posted by CamaroRacing12
very impressive to say the least... but i wouldnt mind a detailed description of his entire setup.... i wont lie those numbers seem kinda out there... but i guess possible...

either way there is no reason to lie... good job guys

the only thing that blows my mind is his 60ft... wonder what suspension he has and how hes launching, and what actual converter he has and stall rpm... i mean its crazy 1.41 60ft N/A 3.73 gears and say a 3600 stall? he must have his launch down to a science
Tony,

Success is in the details .

I believe he has bolt-on stock replacement suspension parts. They'll work very well provided you invest the time to ensure everything is working in concert. The 1.41 60ft is pretty good, but not outrageous. Rick's TA with a few hundred lb more weight manages high 1.2's occasionally & 1.3's with the rear tires. Of course Rick is also ~100-120rwhp up on this car.

I can tell you most of the fast guys have thousands of dollars in converters, suspension, etc. sitting around. Sometimes they (understandably) do not want to share the information they've paid dearly for. However, if you have specific questions, I will relay them & see if he minds sharing publically.

Thanks!
Old 02-05-2009, 09:09 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Advanced Induction
Tony,

Success is in the details .

I believe he has bolt-on stock replacement suspension parts. They'll work very well provided you invest the time to ensure everything is working in concert. The 1.41 60ft is pretty good, but not outrageous. Rick's TA with a few hundred lb more weight manages high 1.2's occasionally & 1.3's with the rear tires. Of course Rick is also ~100-120rwhp up on this car.

I can tell you most of the fast guys have thousands of dollars in converters, suspension, etc. sitting around. Sometimes they (understandably) do not want to share the information they've paid dearly for. However, if you have specific questions, I will relay them & see if he minds sharing publically.

Thanks!

oh no i totally agree... success is definetly in the "secret" details (but honestly myself, idc about telling about my setup i share as much info as possible, but to each his own).... all the little things that make the car run what it runs... thats why i was like "I wonder" lol all the power to him... a crazy impressive setup... i might be looking to u guys down the road... i mean if u can build a mid 10 sec N/A street car build for nitrous... i wonder what u could do with a dedicated track car solid roller.... i'llkeep u guys in mind for years down the road when im ready both financially and goals wise...

tony
Old 02-05-2009, 11:57 AM
12 Second Club

RICKS Car is a pretty good statement of what they can do with a solid roller drag oriented setup.
Old 02-05-2009, 12:30 PM
9 Second Club

Those calcs are always waaayy off for stalled autos. Although physics "doesn't lie" there are just too many variables to always say you need xxx hp to run xx.x ET. There is a lot more to a 1/4s ET then just the wheel horsepower - look at the 600hp supras stuck in 11s then ask how my 345rwhp stock cube build also did 11.7s with crappy hogged out heads...and could have been faster without adding any more horsepower
I don't know about that..... I put in my setup and ET and MPH on motor and it came out within about 5 hp at the wheels of what I actually dynoed on pump gas NA..... ET is up for debate of course cause so many variables are involved but it was close....

the second one posted in better than national drivetrain...

With this car we're talking about things are possible. It is quite amazing he's getting those 60' numbers with that kind of power. But then again it's a pretty light car (3100 lb raceweight) is down there pretty good. I have taken an assload of stuff out of my car and my car is a 1LE car, and my car is still 3350 with me in it....

It's obvious that this cars setup has been gone over and it's running 99.9% of it's potential for it's setup. Most struggle to get to 85 with months and months and years of testing... These things are not impossible but most don't have the know how or time to invest on getting their cars into the 99% of it's potential..

I first looked at it and thought "it's too good to be true" but then again it's a carb'd LT1..... that victor intake will **** on an LT1 intake anyday..... I guarantee the carb/intake is worth quite a bit of power that nobody has taken into account...
Old 02-05-2009, 04:02 PM
11 Second Club

wow i didnt think of that, but ur right outlaw.... carb def will help considering the intakes on our car r what is pretty much most restrictive in the end...
Old 02-05-2009, 05:11 PM
9 Second Club

but also playing devils advocate with my own post is they said they left the victor intake unported.....

I still think it kills a stock LT1 manifold....
Old 02-05-2009, 06:19 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by OutlawZ
but also playing devils advocate with my own post is they said they left the victor intake unported.....

100% agreed... on another note i wonder how it would be with the modded version of the STEALTHRAM
Old 02-05-2009, 09:07 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by OutlawZ

we flowed a box stock victor against a ported/welded lt4 intake on the same head. the box stock victor matched it everywhere low/mid range and outflowd it in the higher lift ranges.
Old 02-05-2009, 09:25 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 95 Formula
we flowed a box stock victor against a ported/welded lt4 intake on the same head. the box stock victor matched it everywhere low/mid range and outflowd it in the higher lift ranges.
theres our anwser
Old 02-06-2009, 09:18 AM
FormerVendor

Smile

On manifolds, I would like to do an a/b comparison on the dyno sometime. I believe you guys are thinking of super victors etc. & this is the lower capacity Vic. Jr. Regardless of what it flows, I would be willing to bet that the gains up top are minimal. The stock manifold is quite good in that area for most applications. Locals have gone from the stock mani to a single plane with the same runner dimensions as the Vic. Jr. & gained nothing NA at the track. The probability is extremely low that it would slow the car down by a significant amount if he were to have kept the stock manifold. The swap was done for tuning & consistency relative to weather, not power.

I would suspect it "only" makes mid 4XX's at the tire. Possibly a few lb-ft more in the mid-range than the setup would make with a stock manifold.
Old 02-06-2009, 10:24 AM
10 Second Club

I agree..from what I've seen the intake is marginal on a NA setup, it will give you some but the hp gain isn't the main advantage I feel. I too changed for the same reasons you did..and to be able to get away from the opti setup. My main reason was the opti or I would probably still be on a ported stocker.
Old 02-06-2009, 11:05 AM
9 Second Club

it's doing something...... i'd bet that a BOX stock LT1 manifold untouched would kill a bit of power on that thing..... maybe not much but that car is certainly one of those deals where many have tried but nobody has succeeded to do what that car is doing wtih that little....
Old 02-06-2009, 02:17 PM
10 Second Club

I do agree there is something special going on there. What does that motor spin too?

Quick Reply: ***GM Stock Shortblock Heads/Cam - 10's NA & 9's on N2o