LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Timing Dropping

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2009, 12:46 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Timing Dropping

Ok just changed the headders on my 95 formula m6. (Pacesetter Long tubes Painted). Car runs fine at idle and when cruising. When engine is put under heavy load the engine misses. I hooked it up to the datalogger and it shows that timing is dropping off when i give it a little too much gas. If I am just driving normally it runs like a champ. Wires have been checked over and over again and the plugs have only 5k on them. I unpluged the O2's and still the same problem. Need a little help.
Old 01-08-2009, 02:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by ats5424
Ok just changed the headders on my 95 formula m6. (Pacesetter Long tubes Painted). Car runs fine at idle and when cruising. When engine is put under heavy load the engine misses. I hooked it up to the datalogger and it shows that timing is dropping off when i give it a little too much gas. If I am just driving normally it runs like a champ. Wires have been checked over and over again and the plugs have only 5k on them. I unpluged the O2's and still the same problem. Need a little help.
The only thing the data logger shows that's abnormal is the timing, nothing else?
How long did you drive it with the o2's unplugged?
I have read that you can (for testing purposes only) unplug the knock sensor, hook up a resister to it (don't know the impedance) and ground it to the block. That will tell you if you are getting knock retard from the knock sensor.

Quick Reply: Timing Dropping