LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Tuning My Own Lt1

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2009, 10:05 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tuning My Own Lt1

well i been looking alot online and reading about the program called TunerCats, and was thinking about trying to tune my own car...i have my own labtop and would like to know that eles i need to get started...tunercats,cables,ect ,ect....my next ? is..tunercats the same sofeware the guys from pmcforless and madtuner use...i have my computer tuned by madtuner now and would like to know if i could just start with the tune that the car is on now???...where do i buy all the things i need to get started at???...and guys or girls with this program can u guys tell me a little more about it and how u like it...
thanks any info would be great
Brandon
Old 01-18-2009, 11:32 AM
On The Tree

I don't know much about it, but there is another section on LS1tech just for tuning and whatnot.. you may try there if you can't find anything here.
Old 01-18-2009, 01:39 PM
12 Second Club

I use tuner cats for tuning and tts datamaster for logging. You can find tunercats HERE and data master HERE. Your also going to need cables that can be found HERE i would recommend the usb port style as there easier to use with newer laptops.Depending on what year car you have is going depend on what tuning software you can use. If you have a 94-95 you could pm me and i can prob give you a deal on the tuning software and definition file. THIS Is a good start to read for beginning tuners. I have been doing it for a about two years now and it just comes with time, you get better at it as you go along.
Old 01-18-2009, 11:13 PM
Launching!

yea man thanks i thinkin im going to give it a shot here soon and see how it works out...and yes i do have a 95 ta w and alot of things done to it hopeing to get good use out of it and learn a thing or two..

Quick Reply: Tuning My Own Lt1