LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

LT1 Extended Crank Hot Start (Heat Soaked)

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2009, 09:24 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ThoR294
just for ***** and gigs do you have a scanner? That would help out a lot. your ECT could be actin up when the car gets hot *shrug*. Scanner will help you a lot
Yes, the ECT is normal. Car has a hypertech, and a 180* t stat, tried turning the fans on sooner, so it wouldnt get as hot in a heat soak. Still does it. Battery is fine and the car cranks totally normal. Injectors pulse, it has fuel pressure, I dont know I am at a loss....
Old 05-08-2009, 10:21 AM
Staging Lane

i have the same issue, after driving for a while when i stop i have to give it a couple minutes before she turns over..

I know its not the opti b/c when it runs it never misfires and pulls hard to redline.

The only things i can think of is icm or starter honestly.
Old 09-23-2020, 08:12 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Blue-Z
Yes, the ECT is normal. Car has a hypertech, and a 180* t stat, tried turning the fans on sooner, so it wouldnt get as hot in a heat soak. Still does it. Battery is fine and the car cranks totally normal. Injectors pulse, it has fuel pressure, I dont know I am at a loss....
did you ever figure out this issue? My car is doing the same exact thing right now. I am leaning it was a ground as my headlights have been doing funky chicken sort of things like popping up randomly when you start car and going down when you shut it off. Then they work fine all of a sudden.
Old 09-27-2020, 08:46 PM
TECH Resident

Received 142 Likes on 109 Posts

It's likely the injectors or fpr. Can't believe nobody mentioned the garbage injectors yet. My car has always done this, give it a quarter throttle or so on a restart and it won't crank as long. The injectors leak down and flood the engine on a minor level which causes the extended cranking on a hot restart.

Quick Reply: LT1 Extended Crank Hot Start (Heat Soaked)