LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

setting up a 350 lt1 for a 1996 firebird formula

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2009, 06:46 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default setting up a 350 lt1 for a 1996 firebird formula

i have a 1996 firebird formula, and i am looking at preformance parts for it, i just want some thoughts from you guys for the set up i am about to choose. i am going to intall a powermax hydraulic roller cam, with hydraulic roller lifters, and billet aluminum roller rockers, i am also going to install pacesetter headers, american thunder flower master exaust, 3" pipeing, lt1/lt4 intake manifold, twin 58mm throttle bodies hit me back with your thoughts..
Old 01-22-2009, 10:17 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Razorz Ege
i have a 1996 firebird formula, and i am looking at preformance parts for it, i just want some thoughts from you guys for the set up i am about to choose. i am going to intall a powermax hydraulic roller cam, with hydraulic roller lifters, and billet aluminum roller rockers, i am also going to install pacesetter headers, american thunder flower master exaust, 3" pipeing, lt1/lt4 intake manifold, twin 58mm throttle bodies hit me back with your thoughts..
A) The car already has hydraulic roller lifters, if you need to replace them, get them from the dealer, they will give you LS7 lifters.
B) if you are putting rockers on, get some NSA 1.6 full roller rockers, not rocker tip. You can use those with any build plans you have or will have later down the road. With NSA rockers, you will have to install guideplates. I prefer the CC Promagnum 1.6 NSA rr's.
C) Read this before you choose your cam:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/lt1-lt4-m...wap-guide.html
D) Get PS Long Tube headers, don't waste your time with shorties or mids.
E) Don't change your intake, the one that's on there is more than sufficient and if you get heads, you can port your intake. There is no need to replace it.
F) The 58mm TB is overkill for anything under 450rwhp. I would only step up to a 52mm TB. Just remember, bigger isn't always better.

If you choose your set up wisely, depending on your needs, you can see anywhere from 300-360 rwhp.

Quick Reply: setting up a 350 lt1 for a 1996 firebird formula