LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Could I make high 8's low 9's if I.......

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2009, 11:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree with larry.
Old 01-23-2009, 12:09 AM
10 Second Club

I can tell you that i regret all that I've done to my car to get the weight down. I've done no cutting or hole sawing and the car came in at 2870(roughly 250 lbs lighter than my last time at the track) before I put a new shortened rear end in it and drag brakes on the rear which should put it around 2810ish without me. If you enjoy driving the car allot be very careful with what you do to it. Maybe do some mods that you can easily change back like seats etc. first before you dive head long into the weight reductions. I can honestly say that if I didn't have other cars to drive I would have sold mine along time ago and built more of a street car. Shoot, I'm building a 67 Camaro with a ls1/6 speed to get a fun street car back that isn't "the wifes"..lol. In the end set the goal you want then do what you need to do to get there. Just tread lightly on what your willing to give up on the street for some et.
Old 01-23-2009, 07:20 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 95 Formula
I can tell you that i regret all that I've done to my car to get the weight down.
Good advice!
I hear that a lot from people who just wanted better numbers out of their street car.
Old 01-23-2009, 10:55 PM
9 Second Club

Fat, you could use my car as a guesstimate to figure what it would take to run what # cuz our cars are setup kinda similarly....

I ran 10.62 on motor... 3.89 gears, VERY specific nitrous cam 114.5 LSA, leaving on a brake with a Th400 and 4000 stall converter.... car weighs about 3350 with me in it.... shifting at 7200 RPMS....

Put a 150 shot to it. Best pass ever was a 9.75@140 on a 150 shot..... but again the cam and how it bleeds or doesn't bleed the nitrous off is going to make a difference. A 150 shot is no longer worth a full second when you're already running 10's.... I say you should expect about 7 tenths from a 150.... probably 8-9 tenths from a 175 shot.... A full second is reasonable if you either have it geared/cammed/converter specifically for nitrous... I do and i'm still not picking up a full second..... I can't go 9.60 on a 175 shot..... I wish I could.....

I think if you strap a 175 like it is you'll go prolly like 9.70-9.80's.....
Old 01-24-2009, 04:39 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 95 Formula
I can tell you that i regret all that I've done to my car to get the weight down. I've done no cutting or hole sawing and the car came in at 2870(roughly 250 lbs lighter than my last time at the track) before I put a new shortened rear end in it and drag brakes on the rear which should put it around 2810ish without me. If you enjoy driving the car allot be very careful with what you do to it. Maybe do some mods that you can easily change back like seats etc. first before you dive head long into the weight reductions. I can honestly say that if I didn't have other cars to drive I would have sold mine along time ago and built more of a street car. Shoot, I'm building a 67 Camaro with a ls1/6 speed to get a fun street car back that isn't "the wifes"..lol. In the end set the goal you want then do what you need to do to get there. Just tread lightly on what your willing to give up on the street for some et.
Now this is a man of sound judgement. Pretty much what I was going to say also minus the personal experience part. you're barely spending over 10 seconds at a time on the track now, compared to how long on the street? In my opinion unless all you're after is a race car then day-to-day enjoyment is a lot more important than the E/T. You can already kick the *** of almost anything on the road as it is and most of what you'll find at a track. I would say that's pretty damn awesome for a car you can drive on the street.
Old 01-24-2009, 01:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

You could hit the 350 shot if you broke it up and used a two stage DP/plate setup. Call n2o outlet, talk to ray or another one of the guys.

You could run a 225-DP /125-Plate? Depends how much faith you have in your bottom end and if it would lift the heads or not?

Quick Reply: Could I make high 8's low 9's if I.......