LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Any documented gains from ported intake manifold

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 10:34 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Any documented gains from ported intake manifold

I've been looking into getting a ported intake from Lloyd but I was wondering if anyone has documented gains from it on a cam-only car? My goals are to go mid 11's@116mph and 10's on the bottle.

What is exactly done to a ported intake other than open up the TB openings and clean up the ports? I know Lloyd does one helluva job porting the intake, but I saw some ported ones on ebay that look pretty decent at a lower price. Also, does anyone have pics of the actual modifications from Lloyds or any other ported intakes?

Any help/info is appreciated!

-Isaac-
Old 02-09-2009, 10:37 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by street demon2k3
I've been looking into getting a ported intake from Lloyd but I was wondering if anyone has documented gains from it on a cam-only car? My goals are to go mid 11's@116mph and 10's on the bottle.

What is exactly done to a ported intake other than open up the TB openings and clean up the ports? I know Lloyd does one helluva job porting the intake, but I saw some ported ones on ebay that look pretty decent at a lower price. Also, does anyone have pics of the actual modifications from Lloyds or any other ported intakes?

-Isaac-
If your heads are untouched, I don't think you will see a noticeable difference from the intake alone.
Old 02-09-2009, 12:14 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I lost power with a ported intake on my old setup.
Old 02-09-2009, 01:01 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by street demon2k3

-Isaac-
Save the money. I would only rec you doing it if you were going with a heads/cam package and a 58mm T.B. With a head and cam combo it's good for another 10-12 rwh
Old 02-09-2009, 01:09 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I gained about half a mile an hour in the eighth switching to a ported intake on my bolt on 96 Z. The weather was about the same both nights. Cant say that it was the reason I went faster though.
Old 02-09-2009, 01:21 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

By the looks of it I should just save my money. Just need to figure out what to spend it on to go faster. Im ordering some 30lbs injectors and getting a tune sometime this week, hopefully the car goes 11's this time around.