LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

lt1 single plane intake

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2009, 04:04 PM
10 Second Club

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by rajun_cajun
my fpr has three outlets in it one that fits the rail and two more i was guessing the other two was supply and return

The best way is to use a FPR with a bypass outlet on it. You'd put the FPR on the 2nd rail (remove the plug it has on it now), set your pressure, and use the bypass outlet as your return line. That way there is always EXACTLY what pressure you set it at, on each rail. If you put the regulator before the rail when you go wide open throttle, you will experience a tiny drop in pressure before the system reacts, because the system will have no way of stabilizing what actually happens after the regulator.
Old 02-10-2009, 04:04 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You need a vacuum source for:

Map sensor

Fuel pressure reg

A/c-heat door control

Vented opti if you have one.

Brakes

And that elbow on there aint gonna fly, goona kill the power in that car.
Old 02-10-2009, 04:12 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good one, forgot about the MAP.

The easiest way to run your regulator as it sits, is like I said before. Put it where you have the plug on the pass. fuel rail. Your FPR probably has 2 inlets and 1 return. One inlet will attach to the rail, the other is plugged and the return goes back to the tank.

As far as running the FPR on the feed, LSx f-bodies and Vettes all run the FPR in the tank on the feed line and just terminate at the rail like what you currently have, so it's not the end of the world.

Personally I would want to run the rails parallel, meaning you would run two feed lines to the front or back of the rails and then exit the rails into the 2 inlets on your FPR and the return would go out the bottom.
Old 02-10-2009, 04:17 PM
TECH Resident

This isn't mine, but see how it feeds the back of the rails and the exits the front to the regulator and the return comes off the FPR.
Old 02-10-2009, 04:21 PM
10 Second Club

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

This is what you have now:

This is the best setup that always maintains the exact pressure on the rails:

That's my artwork too BTW!
Old 02-10-2009, 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by ulakovic22

This isn't mine, but see how it feeds the back of the rails and the exits the front to the regulator and the return comes off the FPR.
so i see you are feeding the two sides and also in the front you must have a reg there but i dont see the return back to the tank on your setup is it on the front reg
Old 02-10-2009, 04:25 PM

never mind i se it now thanks guys for your help thank yall
Old 02-10-2009, 04:45 PM
TECH Resident

Yeah the thing on the right hand side of the intake isn't a FPR, it's just a y-block to split the single feed into 2 lines so it goes in the back of the rails. The return line isn't pictured, but would attach to the back of the regulator shown and return to the tank.

Here is a picture of one with a rail mounted regulator. My setup will also be like this.

Old 02-10-2009, 05:48 PM

Yeah the thing on the right hand side of the intake isn't a FPR, it's just a y-block to split the single feed into 2 lines so it goes in the back of the rails. The return line isn't pictured, but would attach to the back of the regulator shown and return to the tank.

Here is a picture of one with a rail mounted regulator. My setup will also be like this.

well thats what i will do thanks for your help
Old 02-10-2009, 06:08 PM
TECH Veteran

CAJUN, are you using that elbow in the picture on top of the intake? PLEASE dont run that elbow on that nice setup. Its gonna KILL it.
Old 02-10-2009, 07:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

joelster, I really like the "Happy Regulator". Good of you to help the guy out too.
Old 02-10-2009, 11:18 PM

yea i was going to use the elbow i realy like the look of it but my car is going to be a everyday driver i am looking for power and as much as i can get i do plan on changing it later just right now my money is getting low i also have twin turbos for it so i will see what it does
Old 02-10-2009, 11:25 PM
9 Second Club

a couple of things in this picture that you need cajun (or a few ways you can do things)... you need a 4150 style throttle body from accufab to let that intake breathe. that intake is gonna make that thing lay down like a Thai Hooker.... In the pic it's sitting under that procharger carb hat. This is a single plane LT1.....

also look how my fuel system is plumbed. Two 8AN lines to the back of the fuel rails fed by a single 10AN that comes from the tank. Fuel press regulator is fed on each side by the rails exit (hard mounted to rails on dvr side, 6AN line from passenger side).... FPR has a return out the bottom. 6AN back to the tank..... even pressure in both rails and not prior to entry into the rails.....

The only vacuum i'm using on this is for my remote mounted MAP sensor.... i mounted it on the firewall and i pull vacuum from a port on the back of the Throttle body. The other two are capped as is the big hole in the intake.
Old 02-10-2009, 11:32 PM
TECH Resident

Very nice, I'm running Edelbrock rails too. Was it extremely difficult to get the NPT fittins to screw all the way down? Did you ever worry about splitting the rails?
Old 02-10-2009, 11:35 PM
TECH Veteran

Very nice, I'm running Edelbrock rails too. Was it extremely difficult to get the NPT fittins to screw all the way down? Did you ever worry about splitting the rails?
They are pipe thread, the fittings are not supposed to screw all the way in. Screw them down until they tighten up and stop.
Old 02-10-2009, 11:36 PM

[QUOTE=OutlawZ;11029180]a couple of things in this picture that you need cajun (or a few ways you can do things)... you need a 4150 style throttle body from accufab to let that intake breathe. that intake is gonna make that thing lay down like a Thai Hooker.... In the pic it's sitting under that procharger carb hat. This is a single plane LT1.....

500 t0 600 dollars i realy cant spend right now but i will keep it in mind i also like that look to
Old 02-10-2009, 11:45 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by FASTFATBOY
They are pipe thread, the fittings are not supposed to screw all the way in. Screw them down until they tighten up and stop.
Yeah, I know they are pipe thread, (NPT), I just looked at his and noticed they were all the way down and wondered how he got them that way cause my same rails are a PITA to thread.
Old 02-10-2009, 11:50 PM
9 Second Club

You gotta lube em up real good.... don't get crazy cause you'll jack the threads up easy on those AN fittings....

believe me i don't care if you screw em in with a monkey wrench and your fat uncle is jumping up and down on the end of it, you are gonna crush the fitting long before you split the rail..... just use a liberal amount of thread sealant and go until you're sure they are tight.....

do plan on changing it later just right now my money is getting low i also have twin turbos for it so i will see what it does
like i told someone else the words "my money is getting low" and "I also have twin turbos for it" should never be in the same sentence...
Old 02-10-2009, 11:57 PM

Originally Posted by OutlawZ
You gotta lube em up real good.... don't get crazy cause you'll jack the threads up easy on those AN fittings....

believe me i don't care if you screw em in with a monkey wrench and your fat uncle is jumping up and down on the end of it, you are gonna crush the fitting long before you split the rail..... just use a liberal amount of thread sealant and go until you're sure they are tight.....

like i told someone else the words "my money is getting low" and "I also have twin turbos for it" should never be in the same sentence...
your right but i was intending on the elbow to work just fine i put alot of money away to get this far i just cant throw that out right now but i will do that with the 4 barrelle
Old 02-11-2009, 12:07 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by rajun_cajun
your right but i was intending on the elbow to work just fine i put alot of money away to get this far i just cant throw that out right now but i will do that with the 4 barrelle

Buy one of the cast Edelbrock elbows. ANYTHING other than that one.

Go here

www.intakeelbows.com

Quick Reply: lt1 single plane intake