LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

piston and rod questions?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2009, 10:50 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default piston and rod questions?

what is the weight in grams of the stock LT1 rods and pistons? i tried a search and couldn't find what i was looking for.

also what kind of pistons are you guys running for spray? im looking JE but what are some specs i should look for? what size rings? oversized ring lands?
Old 03-05-2009, 11:29 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by MadMike 97 Z28
what is the weight in grams of the stock LT1 rods and pistons? i tried a search and couldn't find what i was looking for.

also what kind of pistons are you guys running for spray? im looking JE but what are some specs i should look for? what size rings? oversized ring lands?
How much spray?
Just get a nice set of JE forged alum flat top pistons and hell fire rings. Get whatever piston/rod combo you want and take your rotating assembly to a machine shop to have it balanced.
Old 03-05-2009, 12:14 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ss.slp.ls1
How much spray?
Just get a nice set of JE forged alum flat top pistons and hell fire rings. Get whatever piston/rod combo you want and take your rotating assembly to a machine shop to have it balanced.
I know, I saw the same thread you did. However, there is more that goes into choosing the right combo not all pistons are good for spray. Im looking for the specs on stuff like how big the rings need to be and how thick the top ring land should be.
Old 03-05-2009, 12:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by MadMike 97 Z28
I know, I saw the same thread you did. However, there is more that goes into choosing the right combo not all pistons are good for spray. Im looking for the specs on stuff like how big the rings need to be and how thick the top ring land should to be.
You should probably post your questions in the N2O forum.

Quick Reply: piston and rod questions?