LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

MAJOR condensation under car (real quick ?)

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2009, 04:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default MAJOR condensation under car (real quick ?)

So I started the Z up today it has been sitting for probably 2 wks give or take a couple of days. I run inside real quick and I come out to check my car to see if everything is all good then I look under my car to see under the DS and PS headers collector slip-fit to y-pipe band clamp there is puddles of water and exhaust crap (the black suit from inside the pipes) my question is I have NEVER seen this happen before and it is 50 degrees outside ATM. I am thinking just a awful lot of moisture build-up but just wanted your guys's thoughts. I can post a VID if need.

Thanks,

Devin
Old 03-08-2009, 07:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Sometimes, when it has been cold for a stretch, then it warms up with higher humidity, you will have moisture on metal that does not get a breeze of wind.
Old 03-08-2009, 08:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

thanks bud cause I was like WTF is that ****?????:/
Old 03-09-2009, 01:50 AM
Staging Lane

You shouldnt be seeing black **** coming out of the connection though. Thats carbon and it means theres a space for the water and carbon to leak out of. Try to tighten the clamp a little more or just get it welded up at the slip fit.
Old 03-09-2009, 09:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

^^^it could of also been for the cardboard that I place under my car b/c that cardboard is old as ****. Water coming from tailpipe was running clear in color from the back, I have 3in stainless steel band clamps and the y-pipe had some orange color on it which is rust forming. I never drive my car in water or rain so i don't now WTF is going on. This whole situation occured out of the fuggin blue. I am thinking about coating my y-pipe would any of you suggest this???I want going to ceramic spray my y with some paint that matches my headers that are coated.

Thanks,

Devin

Quick Reply: MAJOR condensation under car (real quick ?)