LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Rag-Joint Eliminator !

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2009, 12:50 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Formula350
Either you're misunderstanding me, or I'm not following what you're talking about :\

This is where I'm referring to, just to make sure we're on the same page. Hole is drilled there, through the clamped area and then through the steering wheel's splinned shaft. Use a small bolt that just keeps it from pulling out.
i see where you are coming from Formula however, if you place a bolt in this section your shaft would not have enough "crush section" in case of a collision therefore the inner shaft can push back into the driver. using the small tack-welds the force of a front impact will allow them to break free.
as it stands now my shaft has 1" of movement back in this area and 1" on the column itself that is almost exactly how much the factory set up gives.
Old 03-14-2009, 01:58 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 96lt1m6
i see where you are coming from Formula however, if you place a bolt in this section your shaft would not have enough "crush section" in case of a collision therefore the inner shaft can push back into the driver. using the small tack-welds the force of a front impact will allow them to break free.
as it stands now my shaft has 1" of movement back in this area and 1" on the column itself that is almost exactly how much the factory set up gives.
Exactly. you cannot just 'drill a hole' in a sectionand expect it to have the strength or holding power to do the job.

You *NEED* to reclock the end for it to match the LT1, or install the LS1 steering shaft as-is and reclock the steering wheel (it is easy enough to pull the steering wheel and it is on a splined shaft as well, so it can be reclocked).
Old 03-14-2009, 02:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by 95 TA - The Beast
Exactly. you cannot just 'drill a hole' in a sectionand expect it to have the strength or holding power to do the job.

You *NEED* to reclock the end for it to match the LT1, or install the LS1 steering shaft as-is and reclock the steering wheel (it is easy enough to pull the steering wheel and it is on a splined shaft as well, so it can be reclocked).
I've pulled the steering column several times. That's easy. How do you reclock the shaft of the steering column?
Old 03-14-2009, 05:09 PM
TECH Junkie

he must be suggesting pulling the steering wheel off and turning it 90* however, i really do not suggest this.
Old 03-14-2009, 11:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 96lt1m6
Thanks.

See Beast, you could've went about it differently, instead of being a total jackass about it
Old 03-14-2009, 11:26 PM
TECH Junkie

Thanks.

See Beast, you could've went about it differently, instead of being a total jackass about it
no prob Formula, we have been workin on this topic for 2 months.lol
Old 03-14-2009, 11:42 PM
TECH Addict

Thanks.

I think beast is stalking you formula...
Old 03-14-2009, 11:53 PM
TECH Junkie

love hate thing!
Old 03-15-2009, 12:58 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by xx_ED_xx
I think beast is stalking you formula...
Yea, it's called Trolling when it comes to forums lol
Old 03-15-2009, 03:32 PM
TECH Regular

Wrong, I only post on subjects where I think the information being discussed is inaccurate or flat out dangerous, and/or those with which I have personal experience...

Hmm, sounds like it would be almost anything and EVERYTHING in this forum, which would include just about every thread since Formula350 can't help but try to up his post count by posting in EVERY thread... And usually with inaccurate or dangerous information.

So, no stalking... Really, it is hard to say someone is stalking when the depth of knowledge around here is as shallow as it really is, as well as the depth of the forum being as shallow as it really is... Both combined creates a high-hit ratio...

Plus, how does the person with all the experience and knowledge become the troll??? Now THAT is absurd...
Old 03-15-2009, 07:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 95 TA - The Beast
Wrong, I only post on subjects where I think the information being discussed is inaccurate or flat out dangerous, and/or those with which I have personal experience...

Hmm, sounds like it would be almost anything and EVERYTHING in this forum, which would include just about every thread since Formula350 can't help but try to up his post count by posting in EVERY thread... And usually with inaccurate or dangerous information.

So, no stalking... Really, it is hard to say someone is stalking when the depth of knowledge around here is as shallow as it really is, as well as the depth of the forum being as shallow as it really is... Both combined creates a high-hit ratio...

Plus, how does the person with all the experience and knowledge become the troll??? Now THAT is absurd...
Glad we have you here to be a complete jackass to those who don't know everything there is to know about vehicles like you do God, how ever did we get along with out you It's so much better now that you started posting more! "Please stay with me forever, Mr. Beam!"

You seemingly have 'personal experience' in everything, so that flys out the window right away. I couldn't care less about my post count, but sadly I'll never be able to convince you of that. The only time the post count matters here, is when you're below 50. Again, we're so grateful you are gracing us with your plethora of knowledge! Finally, experience and knowledge plays NO part in one being a troll, it's all in their attitude. But I shouldn't have to inform someone of your stature who's been a Uber Master Tech on forums and a all-round guru The majority of your posts have very little to do with the topic at hand and are mainly just to try and berate and demean me. I've dealt with many of your kind, and have become immune to your affects. I think it's time to implement Operation New Sig

Quick Reply: Rag-Joint Eliminator !