LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

overview

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2009, 06:48 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default overview

looking for a picture overview that show all vacuum lines oil lines sensor location names to each sensor. Reasons for this is that i bought the car form some one that pretty much rip throw everything leaving a mess for me to fix i have pulled the heads off so i can put some head gaskets cause there blown but will im in there im going to fix all the wiring that he just left hanging and rip off the plug ends. Also with that said i got a trans. sensor that is throwing a code i think it was #1642. Its my first v8 first lt1 first domestic but i think with a little bit of friendly help i get this car to turn heads. ITs a 96 z28 automatic trans totally stock.
Old 03-13-2009, 06:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by 1995neon
looking for a picture overview that show all vacuum lines oil lines sensor location names to each sensor. Reasons for this is that i bought the car form some one that pretty much rip throw everything leaving a mess for me to fix i have pulled the heads off so i can put some head gaskets cause there blown but will im in there im going to fix all the wiring that he just left hanging and rip off the plug ends. Also with that said i got a trans. sensor that is throwing a code i think it was #1642. Its my first v8 first lt1 first domestic but i think with a little bit of friendly help i get this car to turn heads. ITs a 96 z28 automatic trans totally stock.
Your best bet is to thoroughly tour this website:
http://shbox.com/1/4th_gen_tech1.html

One of the best websites I have ever come accross in regards to LT1 how-to's, diagrams, and pictures.
Old 03-13-2009, 07:04 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very nice. Thats going to help out a lot one more thing is there a common problem with power steering leaking near the K member.
Old 03-13-2009, 07:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by 1995neon
Very nice. Thats going to help out a lot one more thing is there a common problem with power steering leaking near the K member.
You might have a bad power steering pressure hose. The metal to rubber to meal hose that connects the power steering pump to the power steering rack. Mine went bad and started leaking near the middle of the k-member. I think a new one was under 50 bucks from AZ.

Quick Reply: overview