LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Things are not looking good for the shootout!

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2009, 01:54 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by taner
i was hopin to slap a chitown cry baby around.

tony,

i am comin' i just haven't signed up yet.
who is this?
Old 03-17-2009, 01:56 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by TWS
Let's do this guys. As noted before, payouts don't matter! The thrill of the competition matters. The enjoyment you get from meeting LTX crazies from all over is what matters.

Putting aside the absolute blast I had making 11 passes on a very sticky track, I can think of 10 more reasons from last year to make me go this year:

1. The parking lot party/wrench session every night. Much beer was consumed, many bench racing stories were exchanged, lot's of good jokes, and even a creepy gap-toothed lady had to be fended off.

2. Sharing Tanner's Molson Canadian that he generously distributed.

3. Ellis taking the rental off road and trying to get it stuck.

4. Skizzie hitting on anything and everything remotely female at the after-dinner, to include his strip tease dance.

5. Kansas City Barbecue!

6. Nitro Dave's redneck sunburn after all day at the track.

7. GMHTP and other media attending.

8. Tony Shepherd jumping in Kyle's car and snapping the driveshaft on it's second pass ever.

9. Ray Ray trying to blow up his motor with a nitrous malfunction - but thankfully not succeeding.

10. Watching some simply badass racing! And lots of it!

Some of you are asking "how can I afford to go?"

I ask you "how can you afford not to?"

DO NOT MISS OUT.

very good post !
Old 03-17-2009, 02:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by z28rob18
what kinda times is ur car runnin?
if i ever get it to the track i'll let you know, haha. the closest track to me is 2hours away and i don't feel like driving all the way there, making a run and having it eclipse the convertible cut off and getting booted
Old 03-17-2009, 05:09 PM
8 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Update:

Speed Inc has committed as a sponsor and possibly LE (waiting to hear from him). Also JakesZ28 Performance Motorsports is inquiring.

Looks like things may just work out!

Also
Just got off the phone with Dave @ Yank and he will be donating a 9.5 Billet SS LT1 custom converter. A $725 value. We will be selling raffle tickets for someone to win this item! Thanks Yank! This will help the event!

Also thanks to Tony N. and Larry for sending me Dave's way!

Tony

Last edited by Tony Shepherd; 03-17-2009 at 05:26 PM.
Old 03-17-2009, 05:26 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by z28rob18
are spectators able to buy admission early? theres a few ppl sayin theyre goin to watch thatd be some money if you were able to sell spectator admission
x2! I'll buy a ticket even tho I wont be able to make it..
Old 03-17-2009, 05:56 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tony Shepherd
Update:

Speed Inc has committed as a sponsor and possibly LE (waiting to hear from him). Also JakesZ28 Performance Motorsports is inquiring.

Also
Just got off the phone with Dave @ Yank and he will be donating a 9.5 Billet SS LT1 custom converter. A $725 value. We will be selling raffle tickets for someone to win this item! Thanks Yank! This will help the event!

Tony

Thats Great News!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-17-2009, 06:25 PM
Launching!

Very nice for those guys to help out, i just registered, the count is 23 last i looked
Old 03-17-2009, 06:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

great news! maybe ill register next month if i feel ill be done
Old 03-17-2009, 06:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by whammer33024
if i ever get it to the track i'll let you know, haha. the closest track to me is 2hours away and i don't feel like driving all the way there, making a run and having it eclipse the convertible cut off and getting booted
That sounds like a reason for the trip to me

Glad to hear things are starting to work out. As I said on LTXtech, it's obviously not for a lack of interest. And if I can pull it off, I'd be in for some LTruck action.... even though my slow turd doesn't fit any classes at all. In fact, I've already been told I have to be ready to take someone's spot if their car gives out.
Old 03-17-2009, 07:11 PM
hashtagBMW

Originally Posted by Tony Shepherd
Update:

Also

Tony

That's good news!

I can call UMI tommorow morning, I like talking to Ryan and he might help out a bit.

I need to call Ellis too, we will be there.
Old 03-17-2009, 07:24 PM
10 Second Club

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

I'm sure you guys have sent emails around to a lot of the LS1tech sponsors on the right. Not all of them would apply to the LTx crowd though. I would bet that Byunspeed would be able to sponsor in some way, they sell a ton of stuff on here.

This might seem far fetched, but is there a good "watering hole" near the track that maybe could sponsor, if you guys promised to bring a bunch of racers in for some beverages after the race? How about a restaurant nearby? The sponsors don't all have to be automotive related, just anyone that could make a buck or two by having some good exposure. Maybe get a hold of a GOOD local photographer from the area. Most tracks usually have a Pro photographer on hand on regular nights.

Just throwing some ideas around.
Old 03-17-2009, 07:39 PM
hashtagBMW

Originally Posted by joelster
I would bet that Byunspeed would be able to sponsor in some way, they sell a ton of stuff on here.
The issue with that is you dont want to burden a company to make a quick decision on sponsoring when the events lifeline could be cut short because of intrest.

Originally Posted by joelster
This might seem far fetched, but is there a good "watering hole" near the track that maybe could sponsor, if you guys promised to bring a bunch of racers in for some beverages after the race? .
That is a damn good idea, that place that we went to after the race last year..what was it called guys?
Old 03-17-2009, 07:49 PM

Glad to hear that it should work out! It's definitely too far for me to make it this year, but I'd love to make it out someday if this turns into an annual event!
Old 03-17-2009, 09:07 PM
TECH Addict

My dad and I plan on coming. Just have to get my car finished up and tuned. We're going to finish tearing it down and start to install some new parts on Monday. Either way, you'll have my registration fee.(like last year
Old 03-17-2009, 09:14 PM
Banned

glad to help on our end and with some others sponsors

lets keep pulling together everyone
Old 03-18-2009, 04:01 AM
10 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm working on seting up an after race event, someplace we can all gather and grab a bite to eat and certianly have a few drinks. I'm talking to a few places near the hotel, I'll ask them about possible sponsership. I'm pretty sure everyone went to "the Mustard Seed" last year but I'm not positive, I went home and drank heavily!
Old 03-18-2009, 08:02 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by TWS
Let's do this guys. As noted before, payouts don't matter! The thrill of the competition matters. The enjoyment you get from meeting LTX crazies from all over is what matters.

Putting aside the absolute blast I had making 11 passes on a very sticky track, I can think of 10 more reasons from last year to make me go this year:

1. The parking lot party/wrench session every night. Much beer was consumed, many bench racing stories were exchanged, lot's of good jokes, and even a creepy gap-toothed lady had to be fended off.

2. Sharing Tanner's Molson Canadian that he generously distributed.

3. Ellis taking the rental off road and trying to get it stuck.

4. Skizzie hitting on anything and everything remotely female at the after-dinner, to include his strip tease dance.

5. Kansas City Barbecue!

6. Nitro Dave's redneck sunburn after all day at the track.

7. GMHTP and other media attending.

8. Tony Shepherd jumping in Kyle's car and snapping the driveshaft on it's second pass ever.

9. Ray Ray trying to blow up his motor with a nitrous malfunction - but thankfully not succeeding.

10. Watching some simply badass racing! And lots of it!

Some of you are asking "how can I afford to go?"

I ask you "how can you afford not to?"

DO NOT MISS OUT.
It was too much fun last year for me to miss it this year!
Old 03-18-2009, 10:38 AM
TWS
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LS1 SPEED
very good post !
Thanks Larry. And to think, I left out the whole espisode of Speed Density and the jailbait. He may be hoping we all forgot.

There was more mayhem in a 3-day period than I have experienced in a while.
Old 03-18-2009, 12:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Tony as I told ya before this one was marked on the calendar. Alot of things have not gone my way this year and I haven't been able to do the first thing to my car. I know how hard you guys have worked to keep this thing going and I pray that it works out for you and all involved. If I had the money I would personally purchase the track rental so it could happen, we deserve an event like this with National recognition and the brotherhood of LTXER'S.
Things are pretty bad all over. I believe that the interest is there, but the money is tight. It is ashame that a large corporate sponsor doesn't step up for this event, as they get alot of money from us everyday folks. We tend to find a way to make what we love doing work so like I said I will keep my fingers crossed for this event and I will also pray that it goes down and is successful.
Old 03-18-2009, 03:31 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by gatorhead
Tony as I told ya before this one was marked on the calendar. Alot of things have not gone my way this year and I haven't been able to do the first thing to my car. I know how hard you guys have worked to keep this thing going and I pray that it works out for you and all involved. If I had the money I would personally purchase the track rental so it could happen, we deserve an event like this with National recognition and the brotherhood of LTXER'S.
Things are pretty bad all over. I believe that the interest is there, but the money is tight. It is ashame that a large corporate sponsor doesn't step up for this event, as they get alot of money from us everyday folks. We tend to find a way to make what we love doing work so like I said I will keep my fingers crossed for this event and I will also pray that it goes down and is successful.
Thank you for that!

Quick Reply: Things are not looking good for the shootout!