LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Coolant leak HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2009, 03:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Coolant leak HELP!

Replaced my water pump and i got a leak at the inlet hose. The upper radiator hose that goes into the water pump leaks right at the end. I replaced the house and put a good "constant torque" clamp that really clamped it down. It did not cut into the hose and the hose is seated nicely. not sure what else could be the problem. its a slow leak but enough where i have to add a little coolant every couple days. any ideas?
Old 03-18-2009, 04:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by shutzero
Replaced my water pump and i got a leak at the inlet hose. The upper radiator hose that goes into the water pump leaks right at the end. I replaced the house and put a good "constant torque" clamp that really clamped it down. It did not cut into the hose and the hose is seated nicely. not sure what else could be the problem. its a slow leak but enough where i have to add a little coolant every couple days. any ideas?
I would get a pressure tester and pressurize the system with the car cold and look and feel for where the leak is exactly coming from.
Old 03-18-2009, 06:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ss.slp.ls1
I would get a pressure tester and pressurize the system with the car cold and look and feel for where the leak is exactly coming from.
i did,pressurized it to 15 psi and got a dribble coming from the end of the hose. idk how to stop it. the hose is clamped nice and tight
Old 03-18-2009, 06:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by shutzero
i did,pressurized it to 15 psi and got a dribble coming from the end of the hose. idk how to stop it. the hose is clamped nice and tight
Hmmm, I don't know, maybe its leaking and the water runs where the top of the hose goes. Other than that, I don't know why it's not sealing.
Old 03-24-2009, 06:36 AM
TECH Enthusiast

im thinking theres a compression leak in one of the head gaskets. leak down test will confirm this and will be done this weekend

Quick Reply: Coolant leak HELP!