LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Finally finished the car!! Repainted!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2009, 10:13 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by fergymoto
I've got my fair share of PMs about you sir. I just never had to publicly brag about it
Not bragging, just ironic.
Old 03-19-2009, 11:33 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The second pics look far better then the first. I thin the car looks good and once you lower it it will really add to the appearance.
Old 03-19-2009, 11:41 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by LS1 SPEED
The second pics look far better then the first. I thin the car looks good and once you lower it it will really add to the appearance.
Agreed
Old 03-19-2009, 11:48 AM

I give mad props to anyone who does all the work to there own car. Great job it looks good sir!
Old 03-19-2009, 11:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

hey pops you did a good job man glad to see there are men out there who actually still do things and share the same passion as his son !!!!

Last edited by baylove; 03-19-2009 at 12:02 PM.
Old 03-19-2009, 12:07 PM
Launching!

Very nice! For some reason my garage paint jobs dont ever turn out that good...
Old 03-19-2009, 12:42 PM
9 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by baylove
hey pops you did a good job man glad to see there are men out there who actually still do things and share the same passion as his son !!!!

Vigalante is really good about that...hell he is even there to help me too which is greatly appreciated as he has a wealth of knowledge and always does great work.

The car looks better in person than it does in pictures...in person it looks like it is still wet....! They did a great job...thats where I will be going when I decide to spray mine.... Don't forget this car hasn't been buffed or anything..

This is another friends of ours bike that Vigalante painted too...
Black with pearl ...crappy resolution on the camera but you get the idea...

Old 03-19-2009, 01:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Formula350, you are such a waste to this website. You give terrible advice and lack the common decency of a fellow car owner. Learn when to just STFU already.

Anyways, the paint job looks great and I think you should be proud of the job you did! I think it's awesome that you did that for your son.
Old 03-19-2009, 06:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 94Z28rag
Formula350, you are such a waste to this website. You give terrible advice and lack the common decency of a fellow car owner. Learn when to just STFU already.
YAY! A new friend We should go out for a beer sometime!
Old 03-19-2009, 07:28 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Formula350
I only assumed he paid, and he never said anything about cost and it's a fair assumption that if someone gets their car painted that they paid to have it done heh Anyways, I really didn't mean to step on toes here and it sucks it turned out that way :\ And I thank you for clearing that up.

And Fergy, it's funny you mention that seeing as it's more you three in my sig who are the resident DBags. Especially considering the PM I got last night about you heh [/]
Dude I don’t want to rain on your little forum parade. Last time I checked people post on forums with DIY questions, concerns, and most importantly bragging rights. This is the first I have seen of your posts, or at least the first time I have noticed your cockiness. Your signature is ridiculous and you have posted over seven thousand times… sounds like you have no life..

Show us something better otherwise recognize the hard work put in.

By the way I noticed he painted this himself or at least did it in their garage from post number 1 so.. Maybe you are not as intelligent as you think you are…

ANYWAY

Get the ride height up to factory specs and align the car to peak handling performance and she should be all buttoned up!
Old 03-19-2009, 08:34 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by LS1 SPEED
I agree. Second pics look much better.

However, you guys need to stop crying about a little criticism. It's a forum, these forums would be so gay if you didn't get any different view points, or criticism every once in a while. This scene and culture would not evolve if everything was always peaches and a lovefest. Take it as motivation and run with it.

So STFU, all of you.

Old 03-19-2009, 08:47 PM
TECH Resident

Looks great! Especially for a DIY job. I third the second pics looking a lot better. I was actually really surprised when I looked at them because for some reason the paint looks really flat in a couple of the first pics.
Old 03-20-2009, 12:12 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by P8NTBALLER90
Dude I don’t want to rain on your little forum parade. Last time I checked people post on forums with DIY questions, concerns, and most importantly bragging rights. This is the first I have seen of your posts, or at least the first time I have noticed your cockiness. Your signature is ridiculous and you have posted over seven thousand times… sounds like you have no life..

Show us something better otherwise recognize the hard work put in.

By the way I noticed he painted this himself or at least did it in their garage from post number 1 so.. Maybe you are not as intelligent as you think you are…

ANYWAY

Get the ride height up to factory specs and align the car to peak handling performance and she should be all buttoned up!

1) It is here for those reasons, and I'm here for just that. With what I've learned from asking Qs and reading the answers to other people's Qs, I post to help those who have them. Takes more than anyone here can say or do to rain on my parade 2) You don't know the backstory behind my sig, so you don't understand the reason for me making it. It's then understandable you find it ridiculous, but hopefully it's not because you don't understand it. And because I spend a total of a few hours every evening replying to multiple threads, that means I have no life? I only sleep 6hrs or so a night, so that leaves 18hrs of day to be spent doing things. About 8hrs @ work, thats 10hrs left to do other things. And sorry I cam across as cocky, as I've said numerous times in this thread, just wanting to point out things I noticed. 4) If I was to show you something better, then I'd get yelled at for thread hijacking or for being a bigger *** for trying to make Speeds car look bad. Not such a good idea is it? :\ 5) No, he didn't paint it himself, Vigilante LT1 did. How you managed to miss that huge tidbit, I'm not sure. So now, who's not as intelligent as they think they are? I also pointed out my friend paints from an auto shop w/o a booth, which is much filthier than the average person's garage, and is able to produce some darn good paint work.
Old 03-20-2009, 12:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

1. This thread was started about a local f-body guy and his paintjob!

SO STOP : ALL OF YOU!

Show some respect! If you don't have anything constructive or polite to say, keep it to yourself. Jesus, you guys remind me of girls in my high school. Lets keep that out of these forums!
Old 03-20-2009, 07:41 AM
TECH Addict

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

All I can say is "THAT'S MY COLOR DAMMIT"!..I am or was also a garage painter, with the correct prep job and trying to keep the mud dobbers from landing on fresh clear coat lol, great paint jobs are to be had by DIY...Great Job!!!
Old 03-20-2009, 08:02 AM
10 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

The car looks good, defeniatly props to your dad for doing it himself, not many are that daring! You're very lucky to have someone to do things like that for you and learn with along the way. Don't let comments get you down all of our cars have at least one flaw that's what gives them character! Even after flaws were mentioned I don't really see them and wouldn't have noticed them. Congrats on the saved $ too!! LOL to the Holidy Inn Express comment!!!
Old 03-20-2009, 08:11 AM
12 Second Club

The car looks great! Screw what these people say anyway. As long as you like the paint job and it makes you happy nothing else matters. Best of luck to you and your dad.
Old 03-20-2009, 09:28 AM
TECH Resident

Looks good
Old 03-20-2009, 09:42 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by marc97taws6
1. This thread was started about a local f-body guy and his paintjob!

SO STOP : ALL OF YOU!

Show some respect! If you don't have anything constructive or polite to say, keep it to yourself. Jesus, you guys remind me of girls in my high school. Lets keep that out of these forums!
I agree. If you guys want to bad mouth one another do it through "PM" or meet up somewhere and duke it out like men. Not on someone's thread. No one wants to hear the B.S.
Old 03-20-2009, 10:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

Oh and btw, the paint looks good! Clean car! Kudos on doing it yourself, because they suck to do by yourself! You now have a silver color that very few f-body guys have also! Thats something to be proud of

Quick Reply: Finally finished the car!! Repainted!!