Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2009, 10:37 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the comments
Old 03-20-2009, 11:35 AM
TECH Addict

Since I am local would pops paint my car?
Old 03-20-2009, 11:38 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by xx_ED_xx
Since I am local would pops paint my car?
Yep, just shoot him a pm.
Old 03-20-2009, 12:04 PM

The car came out great! Solid choice on color!
Old 03-20-2009, 09:40 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

btw where is macclenny is relavance to tampa bay? maybe I'd be will to give pops a shot to spray my car too
Old 03-21-2009, 01:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by myltwon
btw where is macclenny is relavance to tampa bay? maybe I'd be will to give pops a shot to spray my car too
He is a tad North of me. But it is at the junction of 121 and I-10 to answer your question.

Nice work on the paint guy! Next time you guys come down to run give me a shout
Old 03-21-2009, 01:23 AM
TECH Apprentice

looks awesome dude, especially for a garage job! do mine!
Old 03-21-2009, 01:42 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks good! I'm looking forward to some better pictures, since it's obvious the pictures don't do it justice.

I'm also surprised you went from black to silver. I dig the silver/black combo on 4th gens, though. I wish you guys were closer, my TA needs help!
Old 03-21-2009, 01:44 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by gatorhead
He is a tad North of me. But it is at the junction of 121 and I-10 to answer your question.

Nice work on the paint guy! Next time you guys come down to run give me a shout
I'm getting the car tuned next month sometime. I'll probably be headed back to the track soon thereafter. I'm actually going to Gainesville tonight to do some rock climbing in that inside facility they have there.

Originally Posted by Crows93Z
looks awesome dude, especially for a garage job! do mine!
If anyone's interested just shoot my dad a PM.

Originally Posted by harner
Looks good! I'm looking forward to some better
pictures, since it's obvious the pictures don't do it justice.

I'm also surprised you went from black to silver. I dig the silver/black combo on 4th gens, though. I wish you guys were closer, my TA needs help!

I can't wait for the pictures too. I was tired of black, I almost bought a silver one when I bought mine. Just always loved silver Maros. Also looks cleaner longer.
Old 03-21-2009, 05:43 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The front bumper cover and passenger fender are not OE, so the fit is off just a little and there are no bumper supports under the nose so it sags a bit, the hood and fender gaps are due to there being no hood bumpers under the front of the hood so it lets the hood sit down to far making it look like theres a bigger gap than there really are. The dent in the rear Quarter Panel isn't a dent, its a shadow from the ground, And lastly the aparent differents in the (nose, Hood) color, if you go back and look at the pictures you will see that its late in the day and the sun is shining directly on the nose of the car, making the Hood look a little darker.

Should have said that in the first post, its the internet and a picture is worth a thousand words.
Old 03-21-2009, 05:59 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by SpeedDensityZ
Maybe these pictures show more details. I don't have a good camera but, you can clearly see that there are no dents and the paint is very nice. I wish the car had OEM body parts on it so it would have lined up better. I'm having some professional pictures taken at the end of the month. I'm sure you'll be able to tell every problem then. The car still hasn't been wet sanded or buffed.
these are MUCH better pictures. looks great here. at first i felt the same way as the other guy. but then i saw these. good work, dad!
Old 03-27-2009, 10:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

really good job. did you shoot alot of clear on it? if you did and have time wet sand and wheel that bitch out it will look like a show paint job then. kudos guys wish i lived in florida, im in KC MO and its supposed to snow 10 inches tonight and its 3-27-09
Old 03-27-2009, 10:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Good paint job, nice work!
Old 03-27-2009, 11:19 PM
TECH Resident

Damn that good work for a garage job! my dad does bodywork and i know from helping how much work goes into these and how the lack of lighting (and our garage has about a million flourescents and white walls) really makes the paint play tricks with your eyes.....and silver?! Thats just flat out impressive man! Looks damn good.
Old 03-27-2009, 11:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

That's a nice paint job. You feel like painting my bumper?
Old 03-28-2009, 01:23 AM
Launching!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Talking

nice color!
Old 03-28-2009, 07:31 AM
TECH Addict

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

I was the First Silver Z so all of you go and paint your cars another color, lol, Did you also paint the top or was that the original black? what I use to do is shoot 3 coats of clear on the sides and 5 coats on top since this were the paint gets most of the abuse from the sun...If there is no orange peel I would just leave it, Maybe just buff it out later, I love silver, I always get compliments on my car. I also like the idea of leaving the black on the headlights, someone at one time tried to convince me to paint the entire car silver, he did on his SS, looked OK but I still like the color variance...again good job and props to your dad.....
Old 03-28-2009, 08:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by JB_97ws6TA
I like the color...how does that dust mask work with paint fumes haha
That way, you can still catch a buzz from the fumes but, not gag on whatever overspray floating in the air!

Looks great! I'm not a super huge fan of silver but, there's nothing like YOUR car with a new look! I'm jealous of the new paint, mine is in desperate need of some.. hehe..
Old 03-28-2009, 08:44 PM
9 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by moehorsepower
I was the First Silver Z so all of you go and paint your cars another color, lol, Did you also paint the top or was that the original black? what I use to do is shoot 3 coats of clear on the sides and 5 coats on top since this were the paint gets most of the abuse from the sun...If there is no orange peel I would just leave it, Maybe just buff it out later, I love silver, I always get compliments on my car. I also like the idea of leaving the black on the headlights, someone at one time tried to convince me to paint the entire car silver, he did on his SS, looked OK but I still like the color variance...again good job and props to your dad.....
Hey I am a good friend of SD and the roof is new black paint too the original paint was absolutely shot...There is A LOT of clear on the car and he has a guy scheduled to come out and wet sand it...However that paint is very smooth even without it and he hasn't waxed it or anything yet......We had a hell of a time taping the headlight buckets and the front grill but we think the car looks better having them black too.....
Old 03-29-2009, 07:10 AM
TECH Addict

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by MattSapp95_T/A
Hey I am a good friend of SD and the roof is new black paint too the original paint was absolutely shot...There is A LOT of clear on the car and he has a guy scheduled to come out and wet sand it...However that paint is very smooth even without it and he hasn't waxed it or anything yet......We had a hell of a time taping the headlight buckets and the front grill but we think the car looks better having them black too.....
Hey, Yea SD called and left me a message last night, need to get back to him today, I know what you mean about the buckets, I will have to admit, I did a shitty job there, but I am planning to repaint the car once I get it running again...

Quick Reply: Finally finished the car!! Repainted!!