LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

timing for 383 w/LT4 hotcam

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2009 | 11:45 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by dkmac
Thank you all for your responses,. It appears that I need to return my dish pistons and get regular flat tops with valve releafs and get a new cam. Now the quest is what cam to get that will match the LT4 profile that worked on the 350 for the 383. I will have to get with the machinest that did my heads to find out what my heads were flowing. I have forgotten what he said they did. I do remember that it was a remarkably high number. I had never driven a car with such good throttle response until I got my head work done and installed. Any more good suggestions are welcome as well. I want to make sure that I build this right the first time around. Thank you again.

Give the links that I posted a call for more help

They are very proven builders in the LT1 world and have good power numbers.
Old 04-02-2009 | 02:29 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by dkmac
Thank you all for your responses,. It appears that I need to return my dish pistons and get regular flat tops with valve releafs and get a new cam. Now the quest is what cam to get that will match the LT4 profile that worked on the 350 for the 383. I will have to get with the machinest that did my heads to find out what my heads were flowing. I have forgotten what he said they did. I do remember that it was a remarkably high number. I had never driven a car with such good throttle response until I got my head work done and installed. Any more good suggestions are welcome as well. I want to make sure that I build this right the first time around. Thank you again.
The best thing you can do is call up Advanced Induction and go over your whole build with them. They can supply you with pistons, cam, valvetrain, the whole nine yards...

Quick Reply: timing for 383 w/LT4 hotcam