LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

wantin some help

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2009, 02:29 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb wantin some help

i have a 95 trans am t-top.
with long tube pacesetter headers 3in corsa exh. and k@n intake 3:73 gears and eibac susp.6spd built tranny carbon fib sin and viper shift forks. i dont know a whole lot about the lt1 but wanting to learn as much as i can. im wantin to put more power into it. if i put in a comp cam what else do i need to do for the cam? later i wanna do lt4 intake and heads and bore and stroke 383 and maybe procharger. any ideas where i can get good deals on parts or anybody have some?
Old 04-04-2009, 03:17 AM
TECH Resident

If you want a procharged 383, get a custom grind cam from lloyd elliot. Look into his head and cam package. You cant throw any cam into a supercharged engine. HotCam sucks also dont even bother looking at it.
You cant run LT4 heads with LT1 intake and vice versa (im fairly sure). LT4 is not really worth it...better things to money into like H/C setup from lloyd with a ported LT1 manifold.

http://www.elliottsportworks.com/lt1.html

Last edited by Bowtie Boy; 04-04-2009 at 03:25 AM.
Old 04-04-2009, 03:25 AM
Teching In

ok ya iv heard good and bad about the lt4. what are some other good things i can do to bring out some more power.
the procharger wont be anytime soon thats the long term one
Old 04-04-2009, 03:29 AM
TECH Resident

Electric Water Pump
Tune (if you dont have one)
Exhaust cut outs

We dont have much choice in the line of intakes. Usually fully ported LT1/LT4 up to the owner. But there is one thread on here trying to work on a intake.

Always the free mods. Weight reduction, TB bypass. None will increase power the TB bypass will only prevent some HP loss after a while of run time, but for every 100lbs= .10 off your 1/4 time. Depends how much you wanna take off. Theres lighter hoods, tubular suspension parts, spare tires, backseats list goes on.
Old 04-04-2009, 03:35 AM
Teching In

im workin on the cutouts and as soon as i get my new clutch its gettin tuned

Quick Reply: wantin some help