LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

To all u LT1 lovers....

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2009, 03:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default To all u LT1 lovers....

I just wanted to say thanks you to all u guys that helped me with my questions,etc....

I haven't been on lately because a week ago friday my car was stripped from me by some lady yelling at her husband on the phone and not paying attention to the traffic signals.

Insurance totaled the car,so im buying it back and parting it out so watch the classifieds.

So again thanks to all that helped along the way.

Dale
Old 04-05-2009, 03:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SHDY 5.7
I just wanted to say thanks you to all u guys that helped me with my questions,etc....

I haven't been on lately because a week ago friday my car was stripped from me by some lady yelling at her husband on the phone and not paying attention to the traffic signals.

Insurance totaled the car,so im buying it back and parting it out so watch the classifieds.

Dale
My condolences, may she RIP!

GL on your sale, and enjoy whatever you end up getting as a replacement. Hopefully another F-Body
Old 04-05-2009, 03:54 PM
11 Second Club

Received 245 Likes on 186 Posts

Damn, sorry to hear.

Chalk another one up to some stupid bitch on the phone..
Old 04-05-2009, 04:58 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bummer dude!!! Grab a new one and swap the parts over!! Now you can have any color you want!
Old 04-05-2009, 05:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

Yeah,I've been looking. May get a z28 this time around. Im gonna finish my cobra that I've had for over a year now and forgot it existed when I got my formula.

Whatever I get next will be a lt1!!!

Thanks guys.
Old 04-05-2009, 06:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Yeah,I've been looking. May get a z28 this time around. Im gonna finish my cobra that I've had for over a year now and forgot it existed when I got my formula.

Whatever I get next will be a lt1!!!

Thanks guys.
Good move on getting the Camaro.

You didn't say so, are you ok?

Good luck with the sale and car search.
Old 04-05-2009, 06:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

Yes iam fine. I was sore for a bit but otherwise good. I can honeslt say I cried when I looked at the damage to my car.

Im still not sure if she was telling the truth about her phone call,I swear when she got out I seen a "silver bullet" fall out of her skirt.

She did look awfully flush in the face....
Old 04-05-2009, 07:09 PM
TECH Veteran

Dale

Why would you buy it back. WTF.
They owe you a dollar amount for te damages incurred. Thats why you buy insurance, to cover the damages. You do not owe them the car. Do not allow them to take it. Its yours, not theirs if they cut you a check for what its worth. If they take it then you are the one being screwed.
Old 04-05-2009, 07:14 PM
12 Second Club

women drivers + cell phones =
Old 04-05-2009, 07:30 PM
10 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by wrd1972
They owe you a dollar amount for te damages incurred. Thats why you buy insurance, to cover the damages. You do not owe them the car. Do not allow them to take it. Its yours, not theirs if they cut you a check for what its worth. If they take it then you are the one being screwed.

Whan a car gets totaled the insurance company pays you for what ever the average book value was on the car, ideally so you can get a similar car of the same value. Once they pay you, they own the car, basiclly buying the wrecked car from you (only when it's "totaled"). They then sell the car as scrap to a junkyard, etc. Most insurance companies give the owner a chance to buy the car back with a salvage title for the same price they would get for scrapping it, it's usually only a few hundred bucks. I'm sure the OP had more $ in his car than what he got so by buying it back he can keep some of his aftermarket parts and scrap whats left to help balance out the loss.

To the OP, stories like this make me I hate idiots who don't pay attention, to them "it's just a car, oops". "you can just go get another one", they have no concept of our hobby and the effort we put forth to make our cars run and look better. I'm glad you're ok and hopefully the end of one car is the start of a better one!
Old 04-05-2009, 10:59 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

its never good to hear of losing an F-body. may she rest in pieces.
Old 04-06-2009, 08:43 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by 96LT1355Z28
Whan a car gets totaled the insurance company pays you for what ever the average book value was on the car, ideally so you can get a similar car of the same value. Once they pay you, they own the car, basiclly buying the wrecked car from you (only when it's "totaled"). They then sell the car as scrap to a junkyard, etc. Most insurance companies give the owner a chance to buy the car back with a salvage title for the same price they would get for scrapping it, it's usually only a few hundred bucks. I'm sure the OP had more $ in his car than what he got so by buying it back he can keep some of his aftermarket parts and scrap whats left to help balance out the loss.

Good discussion.
I totaled a 1989 Mustang GT in 1990. Insurance cut me a check for ~$10,000 IIRC. They did not take the car for whatever reason. Maybe different companies do things differently and maybe it was fifferent nearly 20 years ago. I dont pretend to be an expert on the subject.

I just look at it from the point that they should pay for the damages incurred regardless if its 10% of value and back on the road or totaled value percentage (whatever that is now) and they not get the car.

Maybe others will chime in with their experiences.
Old 04-06-2009, 08:53 AM
TECH Senior Member

From all my 2nd hand experience (no first hand), most companies pay you the totaled cost and then they take the car and sell it at an auction to recupe the payout to you. That is when a few people tell them they'd like to buy it back, and they come up with a price. How that price is came upon, don't know really. Probably a percent of the current value, or I suppose even a percent on the cost to repair. Yet what some insurance companies are considering "Totaled" today, is fricken bizarre! Vehicles with only bumper damage, yet no frame damage. Not all the time are they sold back, or auctioned, with a salvage title though. You can still get a wrecked (from minor to quite severe) with clean titles. I know this because my friend buys from the auction regularly and it says what condition the title is in. We've seen totally unrecognizable cars (that's how bad they are) with clean titles! Yet recently almost everything 2000+, at least at this one auction, is a salvage title, no matter the damage size. It's just dumb and makes no sense :\
Old 04-06-2009, 10:51 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by wrd1972
They owe you a dollar amount for te damages incurred. That's why you buy insurance, to cover the damages. You do not owe them the car. Do not allow them to take it. Its yours, not theirs if they cut you a check for what its worth. If they take it then you are the one being screwed.
I guess you have never delt with the insurance company. I would explain it buy it appears two posts down from your post someone has already informed you.
Old 04-06-2009, 11:07 AM
Banned

sorry to hear about the cart Dale, but glad you are o.k

talk to you soon

Quick Reply: To all u LT1 lovers....