LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

AI 200CC Dyno Numbers

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2009 | 11:45 PM
TECH Regular

The truth is I like LSX cars, but I have always rooted for the underdog!
Old 04-21-2009 | 06:16 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Formula350
OK Something is amiss if you can't break the tires loose... Beyond an PCM problem I'd think. Unless at 2000rpm you're only making 150ft/lbs >_>

As for the PCM problem, assuming you're running the factory computer (which I have no idea if you are heh), why not get a PCM from the salvage yard and then have the dyno shop dump your current tune onto the 'new' PCM?

Also, here, since that hurt my neck to look at your graph lol
I was being a little misleading with the not spinning a tire. I have it fully suspended with M/T drag radials. It'll spin the tires but, all it does is push the front tires while doing so!!!LOL. If I don't have any water under the tires it don't spin that well. It won't spin from a first gear roll in the power band. It just hooks and goes. At the track, I do a first gear burnout and sometimes drive around the water box and I have to launch it at 4000 to spin the tires, if I don't the car boggs. I guess from the gear. That's why my best 60' is a 1.8.
Old 04-21-2009 | 06:35 AM
Launching!
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by Tireburnin
Out of curiosity, what did the car make SAE corrected? What were the conditions like when you dynoed?

I see that the graph is uncorrected, and while legitimate for the time you dynoed, it is tough to compare without the correction factor.

Great numbers again though...even with the problems.
Agreed..... What are the SAE #'s
Old 04-21-2009 | 08:01 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by MattSapp95_T/A
Bad *** Numbers J-Dubb!!

Hopefully we can get the rest of my bugs sorted out and get to the dyno sometime soon with the T/A.....
Werd!! After we got it back ond the road yesterday it's definitly 400+whp. No worries, It's a 300zx killa!!

Originally Posted by Tireburnin
Out of curiosity, what did the car make SAE corrected? What were the conditions like when you dynoed?

I see that the graph is uncorrected, and while legitimate for the time you dynoed, it is tough to compare without the correction factor.

Great numbers again though...even with the problems.
Unsure what the car made SAE. I know the hummidity was at 40% and I'm in Jacksonville Fl which is a couple 300ft. above sea level. I think the numbers would be pretty close in comparison.
Are corrected numbers generally higer than uncorrected?
Old 04-21-2009 | 08:50 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by slick1851
Its sad to see stock bottom end 5.0s with heads n cams getting better numbers than some peoples Lt1 strokers
I have never seen this! Most heads/cam 5.0's don't break the 300rwhp... (some really aggressive setups do, but most setups are 260-300rwhp). A stock headed LT1 stroker with a baby cam should be able to do that.

I understand the point you were making though
Old 04-21-2009 | 09:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by RealQuick
I have never seen this! Most heads/cam 5.0's don't break the 300rwhp... (some really aggressive setups do, but most setups are 260-300rwhp). A stock headed LT1 stroker with a baby cam should be able to do that.

A bolt on LT1 can hit 300 RWHP pretty easily.
Old 04-21-2009 | 09:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SpeedDensityZ
Unsure what the car made SAE. I know the hummidity was at 40% and I'm in Jacksonville Fl which is a couple 300ft. above sea level. I think the numbers would be pretty close in comparison.
Are corrected numbers generally higer than uncorrected?
An SAE corrected graph will generally be lower if it was very cold outside and higher if it was very hot outside.

The correction is to 70degrees and a sea level barometer (maybe another factor or two).

You could just call the place that dynoed it and ask. They should have the run file stored.
Old 04-21-2009 | 10:30 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by RealQuick

Cadillac Cam, cat-back and CAI ONLY makes 315hp UNTUNED and 325hp Tuned. And I doubt a 5.0 can do that, and I don't see a 5.0 being able to make over 450hp with stock cubes, N/A that is.

SD: I forgot you were running slicks. Still thought you were running wide street tires. My stock LT1 would only brake my 255 DRs loose if I punched it from a stop, but not from a 15-20mph roll and it kicking down to 1st. So with your much bigger tires, that's understandable.

Quick Reply: AI 200CC Dyno Numbers