LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

how to disable tcs?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2009, 06:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how to disable tcs?

Is there anything I can do to have the traction control always off without me having to push the button?
Old 04-19-2009, 07:34 PM
On The Tree

are your sure you wanna do that??? dont be lazy just press the button.. i know a couple times its has saved my *** in the rain.. but if you never drive it in the rain go for it... but if you do that would be dumb....
Old 04-19-2009, 08:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I already took the traction control box out I just want to disable it so I don't keep blowing the resistor
Old 04-19-2009, 08:48 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by shutzero
I already took the traction control box out I just want to disable it so I don't keep blowing the resistor

it should "technically" be disabled if you removed the TCS box under the hood and unplugged the solenoid/motor in that box. The one over the valve cover, correct? all you need is a throttle cable from a non traction control f-body if you didnt do that already. i just left the button in the car. so basically its useless right now.

i dont know why it would be blowing a resistor, not sure. you mean a fuse? i never had that problem since i deleted mine also. so i dont know

Originally Posted by mj114679
are your sure you wanna do that??? dont be lazy just press the button.. i know a couple times its has saved my *** in the rain.. but if you never drive it in the rain go for it... but if you do that would be dumb....

give me a break man. thats the biggest load of BS ever. f-bodies prior to 96 never had it and those people managed fine. hell, i drive my car through wisconsin winters and always turned that TC off everytime. its the biggest PITA ever and if you actually have to "rely" on it then you shouldnt be driving these cars. TC was the most retarded design that was put on these cars. its absolutaly useless IMO

Last edited by Badazz 97 TA; 04-19-2009 at 08:55 PM.
Old 04-20-2009, 12:42 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Badazz 97 TA
it should "technically" be disabled if you removed the TCS box under the hood and unplugged the solenoid/motor in that box. The one over the valve cover, correct? all you need is a throttle cable from a non traction control f-body if you didnt do that already. i just left the button in the car. so basically its useless right now.

i dont know why it would be blowing a resistor, not sure. you mean a fuse? i never had that problem since i deleted mine also. so i dont know

give me a break man. thats the biggest load of BS ever. f-bodies prior to 96 never had it and those people managed fine. hell, i drive my car through wisconsin winters and always turned that TC off everytime. its the biggest PITA ever and if you actually have to "rely" on it then you shouldnt be driving these cars. TC was the most retarded design that was put on these cars. its absolutaly useless IMO
my shift kit is so firm in second gear i will just slide around in the rain.. so no i am sorry cant give you that break!!!
Old 04-20-2009, 07:19 AM
TECH Apprentice

TCS is a I took that crap off and threw it in the garbage.
Old 04-20-2009, 07:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mj114679
my shift kit is so firm in second gear i will just slide around in the rain.. so no i am sorry cant give you that break!!!
so go easy in the rain...i have the same problem even when its dry when i dont have my drag radials on

Last edited by shutzero; 04-20-2009 at 08:17 AM.
Old 04-20-2009, 07:59 AM
TECH Addict

x2 plus its the fastest way to kill your rear
Old 04-20-2009, 08:18 AM
TECH Enthusiast

i put a resistor in the harness that connected to it so my abs light wouldnt be on all the time and when i chirp a gear the tcs off and the abs inop lights come on...i keep them off by having a resistor in the connector

Quick Reply: how to disable tcs?