LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Worst Part/ Aftermarket component Experiences

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2009, 12:15 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought a restalled stock converter from a differnet forum and that was a joke, worst $250 I have ever spent. Then hooker LTs aren't far behind that, ceremic coating is almost all the way gone and the car has never seen rain. I'm sure they will be rusted through in a year or two, plus they already have a hole in them where a factory weld broke. Then possibly gears for the stock 10 bolt, shouldn't waste money on that weakling and I run on 275 street tires.

Moral of the story, buy a good converter (or swap to a good tranny like I did ), stainless headers, and a 9"

I'm sure theres more but its getting late LOL
Old 04-21-2009, 07:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Underdrive pullies - waste of money IMO. Back in the day when I first had the car and was 18 and dumb, I installed them and had nothing but issues with them eating belts (too loose for some reason). Finally made the decision to remove them when I was coming home from school (TAMU) and got stranded on the side of the highway (old 290 thru hockley) when my belt came apart. Still could drive it (thank God the LT1 has a gear driven WP), but the belt tore up my hood insulation and toasted my A/C comp by wrapping all around the inside of the clutch.

Quick Reply: Worst Part/ Aftermarket component Experiences